Ronin SC monitor mounting

j169

Hi,

I'm looking to get a Ronin SC tomorrow at short notice for a shoot on Saturday. I know I need to buy an adaptor to mount a monitor, but there's no time to get one. I've been told I could use an arm screwed in to the base - does anyone know if that is true?

Thanks

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 minutes ago, j169 said:

Hi,

I'm looking to get a Ronin SC tomorrow at short notice for a shoot on Saturday. I know I need to buy an adaptor to mount a monitor, but there's no time to get one. I've been told I could use an arm screwed in to the base - does anyone know if that is true?

Thanks

Yes the arm has both standard thread mount types on the bottom of the handle. If you have an arm you will be able to use it to hold the monitor.

Just now, Geoff CB said:

Yes the arm has both standard mount types on the bottom of the handle. If you have an arm you will be able to use it to hold the monitor.

Great, thanks for the amazingly fast reply I guess it's not ideal (I'd rather have the tripod legs to put it down) but if it does the job on Saturday I can get the proper mount another time. I did want the weebill S but I missed the delivery cut-off time by an hour or so! I think the SC will be good enough for now (my first gimbal except for a DJI Osmo) and I can always change in the future.

Thanks again

7 hours ago, scotchtape said:

It's not bad.  I thought I would like the aircross 2 more but the ronin-sc is more ergonomic for sure (but can balance and take less weight).

Yes, they are the two issues that I have (the pro and the con) but I think most of my glass will be ok. I use a GH5 with a small rig cage and wooden handle, and normally the panasonic 12-35 f2.8, sometimes smaller primes - my largest is a 35mm samyang t1.5.

Before I used Smallhd focus 5 monitor on Ronin S which was mounted on magic arm and was holding on a clamp at the bottom front of the Ronin handle:
https://ebay.to/2OYO9Dx

Now I use Smallhd focus 7 monitor with this mounting to Ronin S:

https://www.smallrig.com/smallrig-universal-wooden-side-handle-for-ronins-zhiyun-crane-series-handheld-gimbal-2222.html

with 

https://www.smallrig.com/smallrig-magic-arm-with-double-ballheads-arri-locating-pins-and-1-4-screw-2115.html

And I think it's the best combo, the monitor feels so secure and you can change the position so easily. You could also mount some other things to the side handle.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1c43.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1c45.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2302.jpg

The possition of the monitor is better on the last picture because the HDMI cable is not in the way. You can do the same with Smallhd focus 5 inch.