Beginner Anamorphic

Carlostheepic

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 10/17/2019 at 10:04 AM, Carlostheepic said:

Hello all,

I am a student in university trying to get into anamorphics. I have a bmpcc4k. I've been looking around and know that most anamorphic adapters are double focus. I wanted to know if how cheap I could get a decent 2X stretch that is either double focus or single focus.

Thanks

you could get a russian nap for less than $100 most likely  but you need to factor in lens clamps and such, after that the price just goes goes up. I think i spent about $300 for an elmoscope then more on a lens clamp and still more yet if i get a front mounted variable diopter. Anamorphics isn't really a cheap sport.

i wouldn't recommend a nap, their big and heavy . a normal projection scope will be a lot smaller and lighter and easier to mount but need double focus or buy a fvd

people that are selling on ebay generally know what anamorphics are worth, and its getting harder to find really good deals plus there seems to be alot more interest in anamorphics lately

theres at least one facebook page for anamorphics however i find that people on there tend to think the anamorphic lens their selling is gold plated, so i wouldn't recommend facebook. for a good sale 

Of course its all relevant to your budget and what your willing to pay not to mention if you want buy something to shoot tomorrow or are prepared to build something over a longer term .