5 years of filming NC with anamorphic adapters.

Ian Edward Weir

My best footage I filmed in North Carolina from 2015-2019.

I shot on a GH4 and the GH5 in 4k with the scenery setting. I filmed 1.75x in 16:9 and 4:3 and 1.5x in 16:9

Anamorphic Lens used :
1. Baby Hypergonar 1.75x
2. Bolex 8/19 1.5x anamorphot
3. Bolex 16/32 1.5x anamorphot

Taking lens:
Voigtlander 40mm f2, Schneider-Kreuznach 50mm f/1.9 Xenon, Olympus Zuiko Pen 38mm f/1.8, Schneider Xenoplan 28mm f2, and a MeVis 35mm f1.6

Variable diopters used:
1. Rectilux 3FF-S
2. Proto DNA
3. Focuser 8

I also used a Tokina +0.4 Achromatic, Fujinon +0.7 and a Narumi +3 diopter for close up shots.

If there is a shot you like let me know and I will tell you the combo. Cheers!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
22 hours ago, christrad said:

Great work but...

Ian, if I may, forget the 8 bits and the shoppy h264 like I did and buy a Blackmagic 4 or 6k and your life will change!

The end of the flashy unatural neon greens...

Raw and anamorphic is THE great combo!

Thanks Chris, I have been rocking the GH2, GH3, GH4 and now the GH5. It is the end of the line for me with the GH line. I really learned allot and I have lots of footage I love. There are a few exciting camera's out and coming out. GH5 with the 10 bit was a big plus over 8 bit. I want something with great color science like the Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2 but also with a small form factor. The Z CAM E-2 4K looks nice. For me the dream specs would good color science, 10 bit, 120 fps 4k, small form factor, global shutter, Pro Res Raw or HQ with MFT mount. I have invested and built up a collection of vintage glass in MFT so I'm rocking this formate for a while. With all that said, I still think my best footage came off my hacked GH2 ;)

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2019 at 4:04 PM, Ian Edward Weir said:

Thanks Chris, I have been rocking the GH2, GH3, GH4 and now the GH5. It is the end of the line for me with the GH line. I really learned allot and I have lots of footage I love. There are a few exciting camera's out and coming out. GH5 with the 10 bit was a big plus over 8 bit. I want something with great color science like the Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2 but also with a small form factor. The Z CAM E-2 4K looks nice. For me the dream specs would good color science, 10 bit, 120 fps 4k, small form factor, global shutter, Pro Res Raw or HQ with MFT mount. I have invested and built up a collection of vintage glass in MFT so I'm rocking this formate for a while. With all that said, I still think my best footage came off my hacked GH2 ;)

You won't be disappointed with the ZcamE2, it's the route I took after having similar cameras to you.

53 minutes ago, tweak said:

You won't be disappointed with the ZcamE2, it's the route I took after having similar cameras to you.

Thanks. It seems like the right way to go. The TZ CAM E2G is nice and has a global shutter. I'm really excited about the next version of the ZcamE2 that has a global shutter. I will make the jump! Cheers.