Samsung 108MP ISOCELL Bright HMX to add 6K video on mobile side by Xiaomi is coming... for a few hundred bucks

Emanuel

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • 2 weeks later...

I do concur in fact : ) Here's the recent international launch presentation:

Samples:

Last but not least, a cinematic attempt of a COVID-19 video ad in the middle of a review:

To conclude, here are two interesting comparatives from one of the usual most popular smartphone camera YT reviewers:

16 hours ago, Emanuel said:

I do concur in fact : ) Here's the recent international launch presentation:

Samples:

Last but not least, a cinematic attempt of a COVID-19 video ad in the middle of a review:

To conclude, here are two interesting comparatives from one of the usual most popular smartphone camera YT reviewers:

Hi Emanuel, pretty interesting. It seems that mobile phones are becoming more useful and interesting during time. I've sent to you also a message, maybe some problems about the forum? I hope you've read it. See ya. 

• 3 weeks later...

An interesting comment from Sony on the 108mp sensors vs the latest 12mp sensor.

https://***URL removed***/news/8550800535/sony-provides-an-in-depth-look-at-the-sony-xperia-1-ii-camera-tech

"Sony says the conventional design of the sensor offers faster read-out speeds than the pixel-binning Quad-Bayer technology deployed in most current high-end phones. The entire sensor can be read out in 10ms versus 32ms for a 12MP image from a Quad-Bayer sensor."

1 hour ago, hoodlum said:

An interesting comment from Sony on the 108mp sensors vs the latest 12mp sensor.

https://***URL removed***/news/8550800535/sony-provides-an-in-depth-look-at-the-sony-xperia-1-ii-camera-tech

"Sony says the conventional design of the sensor offers faster read-out speeds than the pixel-binning Quad-Bayer technology deployed in most current high-end phones. The entire sensor can be read out in 10ms versus 32ms for a 12MP image from a Quad-Bayer sensor."

Again, marketing BS.

Sony uses DBI stacked sensor with DRAM, Samsung's 108MP sensor is not stacked (but Samsung does have stacked sensors), of course it's slower.

13 hours ago, hoodlum said:

I like their hardware choices - make bigger sensors with 12mp and have lots of CPU power to do post-processing tricks. However, they could up the count to 13 or 14mp for EIS with true 4K. This marketing explanation was not needed and they raise some ridicules points like touting digital zooming on those 12mp. I am very hopeful reviews will find IQ and DR great, since the phone is very expensive.

In the next iteration they should add a periscope module, but that's about it.

On 4/30/2020 at 3:09 PM, androidlad said:

Again, marketing BS.

Sony uses DBI stacked sensor with DRAM, Samsung's 108MP sensor is not stacked (but Samsung does have stacked sensors), of course it's slower.

Yes, the stacked sensor with DRAM is the real reason for the faster sensor readout.  But the cost to include the DRAM on a 108mp sensor is probably too cost prohibitive for a while yet, so in effect the greater MP is limiting the sensor readout speed.  I prefer Sony's approach and hope that others will follow.  We don't need higher MP or 8k for a phone camera.