Samsung 108MP ISOCELL Bright HMX to add 6K video on mobile side by Xiaomi is coming... for a few hundred bucks

Emanuel

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Listen Emanuel what is the point of those endless youtube comparisons you are collecting here? They are comparing PHOTO not video most of the time. I dont see any proper video tests. 

For video Xiaomi smartphones are useless cos they dont have their EIS accessible to any 3rd party app (doesnt matter if you root the phone, use TWRP, etc). Good luck trying to get decent video with a stock app. Which means no 24p, no LOG video, always over-sharpened, low bit-rate and etc. I have K20 pro and I cannot record any video even with a gimbal (tried a few) with Filmic.pro cos micro jitters are killing it. You need EIS to make smooth shot if you are walking or anything besides standing in a place (yes, with a phone gimbal). And most of the time 3rd party apps also dont support anything beside phone prime lens. Also keep in mind, that the positioning of those lenses on Xiaomi phones (a line going down on the side) makes it so that so gimbal motor will get in the way for a most of the lenses wide angle for sure. 

They are very good for photos with Gcam yes, but other than that.. not so good.  

3 hours ago, Amazeballs said:

Listen Emanuel what is the point of those endless youtube comparisons you are collecting here? They are comparing PHOTO not video most of the time. I dont see any proper video tests. 

For video Xiaomi smartphones are useless cos they dont have their EIS accessible to any 3rd party app (doesnt matter if you root the phone, use TWRP, etc). Good luck trying to get decent video with a stock app. Which means no 24p, no LOG video, always over-sharpened, low bit-rate and etc. I have K20 pro and I cannot record any video even with a gimbal (tried a few) with Filmic.pro cos micro jitters are killing it. You need EIS to make smooth shot if you are walking or anything besides standing in a place (yes, with a phone gimbal). And most of the time 3rd party apps also dont support anything beside phone prime lens. Also keep in mind, that the positioning of those lenses on Xiaomi phones (a line going down on the side) makes it so that so gimbal motor will get in the way for a most of the lenses wide angle for sure. 

They are very good for photos with Gcam yes, but other than that.. not so good.  

Are you sure they don't allow the use of a 3rd party app?

I have a Redmi Note 7 installed with...

I know we are in a video-centric forum but hybrid use and still photography also suit some other people here where I include myself to begin with, without mention the positive feedback I've received and enthusiasm throughout these new mobile devices and their range of possibilities today.

I could save only to myself or share with others interested in the same content. I pick the most useful route : P

Good luck to try searching them in the endless clickbait videos on YT : D

I firmly bet this saves a lot of time to anyone here going after similar information towards a new purchase.

Really : -)

2 hours ago, Emanuel said:

Are you sure they don't allow the use of a 3rd party app?

yes I am sure, for most models at least

2 hours ago, Emanuel said:

I firmly bet this saves a lot of time to anyone here going after similar information towards a new purchase.

You are so firmly confident in that, don't you want to ask people instead? For me personally it seems more like post spamming but I can simply skip those couple of topics all together. 

15 minutes ago, Amazeballs said:

yes I am sure, for most models at least

You are so firmly confident in that, don't you want to ask people instead? For me personally it seems more like post spamming but I can simply skip those couple of topics all together. 

I am not sure why and which models. Are you?

But on the leftover, yes, I am. I am personally in touch with a variety of users a few of them also lurking over here who reach me with theirs. You're entitled to speak by yourself, of course. Not with people you can't surely have clue because you don't listen them as I directly do. You're on your own, obviously, I do often the same so no worries ; -)

I don't mind seeing these posts, at all. 

At least I'm being informed, whether and how much smartphones are really improving in image quality. 

I bought my Redmi Note 4 almost 2 years ago for about 120$ and, to be honest, it's got everything I'd ever need. 

Don't see any point in upgrading, not to mention spending more than 500$ on a phone, but, thanks to Emanuel, I have some view on the current mobile trends. 

Why OnePlus 7T is my fav acquisition mobile phone device...

The CC9 Pro Premium (a.k.a. Note 10 Pro) has a Whopping 108MP 8P Lens, but how does it stack up against the brilliant 64MP GW1 Sensor on the Realme X2 Pro and Fan Favorite 48MP IMX586 Sensor on the OnePlus 7T?

Apart from amazing main cameras, the Xiaomi comes packed with 5 cameras, the Realme with 4, and the OnePlus with 3...

Now this makes more sense. Samsung S11 is using a new 108mp sensor that will incorporate 9 to 1 pixel binning for 2.4um pixel size.  This will provide the same size pixel as the 20mp 1" sensor except with a 12mp sensor for 1:1 4k video. 

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-108-MP-sensor-on-the-Galaxy-S11-will-use-9-in-1-pixel-binning-technology-to-devastating-effect.447203.0.html

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Emanuel said:

Mere teaser or really shot on Mi 10 Pro? (source: Sparrows News YT channel)

https://sparrowsnews.com/2020/02/14/xiaomi-mi-10-pro-review

Seems so beyond the unbelievable, scroll down the page and take a look by your own:

https://www.mi.com/mi10pro

Here are both videos:

image.thumb.png.4b759a07af120afbbc3e759fdfec2ce1.png

https://streamable.com/aidmd

image.thumb.png.bcc01c0f88fa7844340da78bd668dd8d.png

https://streamable.com/7fz8n

This brave fellow our usual suspect from other smartphone cam reviews and (pretty reliable) messenger BTW is so excited he forgot the mask testing the thing in a Chinese ghost town...