Samsung 108MP ISOCELL Bright HMX to add 6K video on mobile side by Xiaomi is coming... for a few hundred bucks

Emanuel

12032 x 9024 pixels and 6K (6016 x 3384 pixels) up to 30fps in the $250-350 price range this time?

Seems we'll have news this October 24...

https://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_cc9_pro_rumored_to_bring_108mp_camera_and_snapdragon_730g_chipset_-news-39444.php

https://www.technobezz.com/xiaomi-may-release-the-mi-cc9-pro-with-108-mp-camera-on-october-24-985365/

image.png.4c3106dad56e2c4f0323b9e36b732802.png

source

Add Camera 2 API and you'll have manual controls, reach up to 200Mbps and yet extend your DR going with Log modes...

Just holding less than 200 grams!

E : -)

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

The samples from 48mpx (12mpx) have been impressive, but from 64mpx (16mpx) not so much. Since the 108mpx (27mpx) sensor is the same size as the 64mpx, I am not holding my breath.

However, S11 is rumored to feature the 108mpx sensor, so I hope they can do some magic in post processing that the budget brands can't right now.

What 64MP? ; )

I've found the budget Redmi's 48MP offer pretty impressive coupled to Camera 2 API indeed. I guess their 108MP won't be less than the customary flagships to be sincere. Despite the utmost processing power of the tiptop chips available as usual happens.

I don't find 64MP any of uninteresting, on the contrary especially when pixel peeped for checking resolution as due.

Sharpness is not the better at any rate, above all when motion (or composition) is our target as we know.

Other than that, you won't really notice nor need it, I'm afraid.

Here's a curious comparison...

48MP still photo crop low light samples on:

image.thumb.png.c8d6cb831f4c8e424c745fc3798bc4ea.png

OnePlus 7T

image.thumb.png.4b372ea5a6aa7b3ded9c7622c9ec07e3.png

Redmi Note 7

64MP still photo crop low light samples on:

image.thumb.png.fd76d2826221a4e0fce180099adfd9a2.png

Redmi Note 8 Pro

image.thumb.png.d50c7915f54e729f66f8a9069f95b2e4.png

Realme XT

source:

https://www.gsmarena.com/piccmp.php3?idType=5&idPhone1=9816&idCamera2=300572&idCamera3=300624

https://www.gsmarena.com/piccmp.php3?idType=5&idCamera1=300572&idCamera2=300624&idCamera3=300619

Here is the new OnePlus T series contender, both Pro and budget versions on 64MP Samsung GW1 side to offer 4K60p -- now updated info, just launched a couple of days ago:

https://www.gsmarena.com/realme_x2_pro_hands_on-review-2004.php

https://www.realme.com/eu/realme-x2-pro/specs

"Video Bokeh Effect"?

If as similar as most recent Samsung's, don't hold much hope and your breath... LOL : ) Although Realme as much as Xiaomi's CC 9 series are known by their excellence to handle moving image or satisfy phone camera lovers : -)

Smartphones in the last 3 years or so have improved tremendously in dynamic range, colour accuracy and lowlight (and extremely easy to use and quick to snap away). The last and final frontier is detail and actual resolution. Once smartphones resolve as much as 20MP M43 cameras, I doubt whether we could need anything else to complain. They will also, then, replace much larger sensor cameras. 

7 hours ago, sanveer said:

Smartphones in the last 3 years or so have improved tremendously in dynamic range, colour accuracy and lowlight (and extremely easy to use and quick to snap away). The last and final frontier is detail and actual resolution. Once smartphones resolve as much as 20MP M43 cameras, I doubt whether we could need anything else to complain. They will also, then, replace much larger sensor cameras. 

The sensors are tiny. My iPhone XS looks only okay in lower light with anything but the widest lens. It’s great in the right conditions, but that’s always been the case. Even the phones now seen good enough for most consumers. 

I should mention that the skin tone and color is actually much worse on my iPhone XS than the 6s that was made 3 years earlier. This might have to do with improved high ISO performance. Historically that always seems to be the problem with all lowlight cameras. 

Portrait mode is also so dodgy and kinda works well sometimes? 

5 hours ago, BenEricson said:

The sensors are tiny. My iPhone XS looks only okay in lower light with anything but the widest lens. It’s great in the right conditions, but that’s always been the case. Even the phones now seen good enough for most consumers. 

I should mention that the skin tone and color is actually much worse on my iPhone XS than the 6s that was made 3 years earlier. This might have to do with improved high ISO performance. Historically that always seems to be the problem with all lowlight cameras. 

Portrait mode is also so dodgy and kinda works well sometimes? 

The iPhone has seriously exaggerated colours and which are quite off, as well. I don't even consider their photos acceptable. Other low light cameras don't have this problem. The portrait mode is fine by smartphone standards. 

The problem is when you see the photos on a larger screen (larger than a smartphone size), the quality suddenly looks rubbish and the colours seem very disappointing. The same applies for video. Everything looks like 480p or worse. 

12 hours ago, JurijTurnsek said:

(...) This Realme looks like a beast, but the AndroidAuthority review slammed it's low light performance. Waiting for the verdict from GSMArena.

https://www.androidauthority.com/realme-x2-pro-review-1040898/

Which seems to be to pass on this one... OnePlus 7T and waiting for 108MP by Xiaomi on budget line still in 2019, until OnePlus will release their next generation the following year, my fair guesstimate : -)

• 2 weeks later...

The big news for Xiaomi Note 10 / CC9 Pro is that their telephoto module will actually feature 1.4 micrometer pixels 12mpx, which is bigger than basically all of the telephoto modules out there (using 1.0 micrometer pixels). And does that tiny marco module even count as anything? I mean how many times is someone going to use it? Not really worth the cost of adding it in. Hopefully, no flagship OEM adopts this gimmick.