Formula 1 cameras ?

Otago

I'm envious of the concentration it takes for ENG and documentary shooters to think and edit in those conditions! 

Might be of interest to some people : 

https://www.live-production.tv/news/sports/gearhouse-broadcast-helps-take-sky-sports-f1-coverage-road.html

https://www.svgeurope.org/blog/headlines/behind-the-scenes-sky-sports-coverage-of-the-british-grand-prix-at-silverstone/

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/formula-one-liberty-media-chase-carey-bernie-ecclestone

It's mostly from the point of view of branding but it was still quite interesting to someone who has never thought about how outside broadcast works. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
15 hours ago, leslie said:

i reckon, there's a video challenge in this thread just waiting to happen  ?

I just got a SD hard disc drive handycam for $5 (Australian) just in case the opportunity arises ...40x optical zoom (not stabilised).      It seems that all the reviews when it released 11 or so year ago say Nice little easy to use camera let down by one thing .....its video is not very good (or more like barely useable SD video).     Got a nice cheap tripod to use it on so all I need now is a motor race (and track)!

2 hours ago, noone said:

I just got a SD hard disc drive handycam for $5 (Australian) just in case the opportunity arises ...40x optical zoom (not stabilised).      It seems that all the reviews when it released 11 or so year ago say Nice little easy to use camera let down by one thing .....its video is not very good (or more like barely useable SD video).     Got a nice cheap tripod to use it on so all I need now is a motor race (and track)!

go out to the local industrial area on the weekend plenty of action going on there usually ?

seen quite a bit of gear on gumtree lately and i keep thinking where was this gear when the video challenge was on ? Maybe we'll do a video challenge 2.0 at some point

4 hours ago, leslie said:

go out to the local industrial area on the weekend plenty of action going on there usually ?

seen quite a bit of gear on gumtree lately and i keep thinking where was this gear when the video challenge was on ? Maybe we'll do a video challenge 2.0 at some point

A little Sony DCR-SR45 that I got from a charity shop.     I might take it to a steep road that does seem to have a few boy racers but that might be a wile off.     I will probably throw it in my bag for a mini festival this Saturday.    Thandi Phoenix (among others) She just played at the NRL Grand final and supported One Republic in the last couple of weeks and releases her debut EP tomorrow ..playing on a stage in the park so might pack it alongside my 300 2.8 and give it a try (at least before it gets too dark).

1 hour ago, noone said:

A little Sony DCR-SR45 that I got from a charity shop.     I might take it to a steep road that does seem to have a few boy racers but that might be a wile off.     I will probably throw it in my bag for a mini festival this Saturday.    Thandi Phoenix (among others) She just played at the NRL Grand final and supported One Republic in the last couple of weeks and releases her debut EP tomorrow ..playing on a stage in the park so might pack it alongside my 300 2.8 and give it a try (at least before it gets too dark).

may as well give it a go, nothing ventured nothing gained