Crappy internet content

Emanuel

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

OK, I'll try to refrain myself once there's someone (you) ask but that's outrageous... Give it a 2nd try : )

I guess there's a bit of a geek heart inside everyone of us. I hope so. For the best of intentions. How can that content to literally smash brand new gear to be celebrated by millions of views and thousands of comments??

I've followed those other threads on YT here but for a good reason. Hadn't found where to fit it, though. For a 2nd first-rate cause. Hence such.

We ain't talking about mere discussion of ideas or concepts. In the name of what? Maybe that's only me...?! What world do we live? Hard to recognize it, beyond my own understanding... Shocking.

Back in the early or late 90s, I had no idea to arrive to this century and assist to this. Pretty straightforward, totally lame to my view.

Take a look on that content then. You'll easily understand. I find videos of pieces of hardware to be destroyed pretty shocking and a complete nonsense. What the hell of point that reviewer wants to test in videos like this one as for instance?

The durability of the gear against a floor of stone?! Really?

The point is: there's such content because there are audiences to sustain that.

I made part of my academic background along the 90s when I was used to be surprised with content from many people such as Krzysztof Kieślowski (who left us by then) or Lars von Trier (who built his fame to start in that period going digital BTW), only to mention two names...

We live the exciting digital revolution times indeed but also Marvel's everywhere (take a look in the smartphone camera tests : P) at big screen included. BTW, there's an interesting recent thread exactly open in our forum on topic (to second some others on YT phenomena of nowadays too for different reasons though):

Fortunately, I can see I am not alone on my standpoint : -)

Hum. Maybe you haven't been on YouTube much then... have you never seen a video of either of these?

People will do anything for attention/entertainment. It doesn't really have to serve a purpose/use, it can just be pretty much pointless.

Droptesting phones is about the oldest attentionwhoring in the game by now (endless) and I'm so over it. ? That's nothing new my friend.

You're right on that one : ) YT is a strange ocean in fact. I wonder where this industry and the society in general are going... Media content is mandatory for human progress. Even before the XIX industrial revolution... Gutenberg is the ultimate proof of it. And the Bible printed in so many languages brought the continuity of the human mindset. In behalf of Science itself from the evolution of knowledge with the mind re-centered. Humanism as for instance.

What are we living today? A setback? An opportunity lost when so many have ever had access and the chance to be so equal from the technology advance? Are the audiences ready for? Hence that cartoon up there.

E : -)

Luckily the prank channels have been cancelcultured and that hype sorta has blown over.

But... it's just one nonsense making place for the other nonsense. Don't know, the new generation seems fo0ked. But resistance is futile I suppose. Better not get wound up about it. Appreciate the few things that are actually worth our time and energy. Of which there are luckily still a few left.

I'm afraid you're right on this one too... : ) I felt I had to say something though. I guess and make my wishes this conversation between both of us now may bring some enlightenment to any readers who inadvertently arrive in this bay here : -)

Comes to my mind this Portuguese poem:

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.citador.pt%2Fpoemas%2Ftrova-do-vento-que-passa-manuel-de-melo-duarte-alegre

" (...)

But there is always a lamp
within misfortune itself
there is always someone who sows
Songs in the passing wind.

Even on the saddest night
in time of bondage
there is always someone who resists
There is always someone who says no.
"

~ Manuel Alegre (1963)

1 hour ago, Emanuel said:

YT is a strange ocean in fact.

YouTube is capitalism at its finest.

It has:

• the promise that everyone has the potential to participate and succeed
  • rules that give success to the successful, essentially separating the 'rich' from the 'poor'
  • no limits on what can be done, except for a set of 'rules' which are very badly managed, unevenly applied, and with "too big to fail" dynamics
  • sensitivities to human behaviour where there is success to be found in trickery, meaningless amusement, as well as high art
  • a system where value is in the eye of the consumer, so things like cat videos can become unexplainably popular
  • visibility from outside it so that people can analyse and communicate about the market

This is an online equivalent of a marketplace where value is determined by the customer, price is due to supply and demand, there is tinkering in the form of subsidies and sanctions, and perfect communication is claimed but never realised, etc..

YT is pretty close to a meritocracy, it's just that the merit other people recognise and reward doesn't make sense to you.

I will reiterate this again - people are more different to each other than we tend to think, and therefore we get all excited when we don't agree with or understand what other people do and say.

No objection here on your entry. Just principles apply. Where's ethics, even morals?

People enjoying the destruction of pieces of engineering just for the sake of supposed fun?! Is there any fun on it?

In the same planet where half planet still live with less than $2.50 dollar per day?!

https://www.wri.org/resources/charts-graphs/population-living-less-1-day-1981-2004

http://www.globalissues.org/print/article/26

The argument of usefulness or information on reliability under stress circumstances doesn't buy my sensibility. Excuses for such filthy show. I can't find it in any way other than as rather disgusting...

WTH of society we live all in?

What type of man is this one?

Yeah, I mean about the audiences...

Where are the values we've seen people along the History to die for? Yes, not mere concepts of right and wrong.

Where's the responsibility of the creators of content to contribute to all this? The media? The legislators?

Where's people stand about all that Mediterranean drama?

I'd sincerely distrust anything or anyone in the hands of certain people living in the so-called civilized world today, after all. Well, it must be the ultimate joke to call it like that. It doesn't even look like sanely safe, go figure, hence my remark to call these individuals, retarders in a literal sense : ) We can't call it meritocracy either, but the Barbarians instead. Rome fell, let's not forget...

Seems the world is plain to them on both sides of the civilized fences. Terrifying.

Too much decadence to be quiet... I wonder where all this will lead?

No money in the world can justify everything. Hey, I love money too but I give it its own merit. Respect. Values. I believe that's where the whole thing fails.

"Oh, this world is plain to see
It don't mean we can't believe in something
And anyway, my baby's coming back now on the next train
I can hear the whistle blowin', I can hear the mighty roar
I can hear the horses prancing in the pastures of the Lord
Oh, the train is coming
(...)"

~ Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds in Bright Horses (Released on YT, October 2019)

1 hour ago, Emanuel said:

No objection here on your entry. Just principles apply. Where's ethics, even morals?

People enjoying the destruction of pieces of engineering just for the sake of supposed fun?! Is there any fun on it?

Ethics and morals are all over YT for all to see.  Just because they're not your ethics or morals doesn't mean they're not someone else's.....

1 hour ago, kye said:

I will reiterate this again - people are more different to each other than we tend to think, and therefore we get all excited when we don't agree with or understand what other people do and say.

There isn't mine or yours. Ethics or morals are above us... ; )

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethics

I guess my stats above speak by those figures:

2 hours ago, Emanuel said:

(...)

In the same planet where half planet still lives with less than $2.50 dollar per day?!

https://www.wri.org/resources/charts-graphs/population-living-less-1-day-1981-2004

http://www.globalissues.org/print/article/26

(...)

It is not subject of taste under subjectivity realm for such matter.

As I think my last post hints there's place for everyone : ) Even on YT : D We can't all appreciate the yellow obviously or there's yet agreeing to disagree.

The problem is when the question is far beyond that questionable.

Italians say math is not opinion...

Other than that, just as example, can slavery be defensible in any way whatsoever? Does it depend on that? Today? Will anyone accept it even as rhetorical speech?

Good luck with trying to convince the internet that there are moral absolutes.

If you're looking to argue with someone over, well, pretty well anything, then there are places for that.  4chan, 8chan, and many more.  Put on your flak jacket first though!

and since it seems that we have to have links to justify our opinions, here's a one for you ???

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moral_relativism

Trying to convince who BTW?

That one addressed to me of 'moral absolutes' is even more funny. Follows the 'relativism' as subject when that one of the "slavery" as utmost indefensible example left you without grounds in any way other than going down the road... *Sigh*

Links (I don't use to attack someone else as a bullet thrown at the other side of the door) are that so-called by... reasoning. Something external to you/us able to support our argument. Every individual who has to handle with norms and alike becomes used to. Without stuff to back your standpoint, you're lost...

Don't misplace freedom of expression for patronizing or easy preaching, I beg your pardon LOL ; )

It seems pretty clear to me it is you who's arguing or feel like to, not me. I thought that thing a few days ago was already cleared up, not yet?!

C'mon, you're known by your friendly tone, keep going your path, no reason for changes : ) I'd rather pick my memory to serve to anything else. As well, this community, not other. To respect each other, that's where the consideration for ourselves starts from.

Perfect example of ad hoc ethics.  We, mankind...

Texas Secession Convention, A Declaration of the Causes which Impel the State of Texas to Secede from the Federal Union, (February 1861)

[...]

based upon an unnatural feeling of hostility to these Southern States and their beneficent and patriarchal system of African slavery, proclaiming the debasing doctrine of equality of all men, irrespective of race or color-- a doctrine at war with nature, in opposition to the experience of mankind, and in violation of the plainest revelations of Divine Law.  

[...]

We hold as undeniable truths that the governments of the various States, and of the confederacy itself, were established exclusively by the white race, for themselves and their posterity; that the African race had no agency in their establishment; that they were rightfully held and regarded as an inferior and dependent race, and in that condition only could their existence in this country be rendered beneficial or tolerable.  

[...]

that the servitude of the African race, as existing in these States, is mutually beneficial to both bond and free, and is abundantly authorized and justified by the experience of mankind, and the revealed will of the Almighty Creator, as recognized by all Christian nations  [...]

https://avalon.law.yale.edu/19th_century/csa_texsec.asp

286750956_ADeclarationoftheCauseswhichImpeltheStateofTexastoSecedefromtheFederalUnion__001.png.f5546a8e61f13d4f480dbf922a9d620f.png