Zero AF Noise New RF lens

Snowbro

I couldn't find much info on the new RF 24-70 2.8, they said it had very quiet AF, but I usually don't believe manufacturers material. In photo mode, with servo enabled, it did make a tiny bit of noise. Then I put it in video and wow... I can't hear it at all, even when doing extreme focus distance changes. I didn't notice any focus breathing either. It was also very fast and accurate, I slowed it down in the movie af setting, looks smooth. Canon really does know how to make damn good glass, hopefully they make their pro hybrids in the next two years ?.

I use this camera mostly for photos and it does very well, especially after they did that firmware update, that got rid of sensor banding when recovering shadows. I'll likely get the Komodo and use that with this RF glass and my other EF glass + variable ND adapter. At least until Canon finally puts out a worthy hybrid, which I estimate won't be until fall 2022. I gave up on the a7siii and I think Blackmagic did a great job on the pocket 4k/6k, but it just has too many drawbacks for me right now. I think those are awesome for people really rigging them out with a huge external battery and monitor etc. That just doesn't fit in my backpack when I am going deep into the backcountry. 

Update: I just tried the tracking in video mode and it surprisingly did really good. It was unusable last year.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs