Sirui anamorphic

Emanuel

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I just ordered/backed the 35 mm but realize that there may not be any way to adapt it to work with my Sigma Fp. I thought it could go to eos (then I could use that adapter)but doesn’t seem like this. Anyone know any way to adapt this lens to Leica L mount? Everything I find seems to want to adapt Leica M or R to m4/3 not the other way around! 

On 8/11/2020 at 8:40 AM, Pikepike said:

I just ordered/backed the 35 mm but realize that there may not be any way to adapt it to work with my Sigma Fp. I thought it could go to eos (then I could use that adapter)but doesn’t seem like this. Anyone know any way to adapt this lens to Leica L mount? Everything I find seems to want to adapt Leica M or R to m4/3 not the other way around! 

It won't work. Check the table here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flange_focal_distance

No more secret perks once they were only reserved for the first 1000 early adopters. Now already solved for the first early adopters, proud as part of them.

By the way, they reached over $700,000 in the first 24 hours!

Only 19 units left for 18% discounted $649.

A foot note as their loyal customer and my personal advice:

Great support BTW :- )

On 8/16/2020 at 7:26 AM, Ed David said:

has anyone done tests between this lens vs like a lomo or kowa or SLR magic lens vs like a Kowa B&H lens?  

very excited about this lens for affordable anamorphic

The size and usability are really huge, but to me, it doesn't compare well to a Kowa, which has so much character. Still, it definitely makes up for being so much easier to use, and WAY lighter!

• Andrew Reid unfeatured and unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

I received both the 35mm and 50mm on Saturday. I'm surprised how solid and well built they feel. To make these lenses at this price point we need to thank the enormous advances in manufacturing that China has made over the last 20 years. The lenses are sharp, but with some strange breathing / distortion effects as you adjust focus.  Setting aside the 1.33x squeeze, these lenses are basically like the Bausch & Lomb 'Block' CinemaScope lenses with synchronised focus introduced in 1954, but made with modern materials and manufacturing methods. http://www.widescreenmuseum.com/widescreen/wingcs5.htm

(Trivia, I believe these lenses were first used for Broken Lance released in September 1954:  https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0046808/ )

It took ~60 years for something that cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to develop and manufacture to be made for ~$650. I just wish the squeeze was 1.5X instead of 1.33X.

The cool thing about these lenses isn't just the lenses but the promise for the future. Hopefully other companies realise there is a market for under $1000 anamorphic lenses and we get more competition and perhaps other companies running crowd funding campaigns for 1.5X, 1.8X, or even 2X lenses. I'm surprised that SLR Magic hasn't considered this possibility. Surely other companies are looking at the fact SIRUI has now raised over US$3 million across two Indiegogo campaigns and are thinking they may have something to offer that is even better.

Surely there's a Panavision optical engineer who in his or her spare time who could run a crowd sourcing campaign for a a set of 2X lenses based on their own design, but with manufacturing in China. 🙂

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Tim Sewell said:

As far as I recall he found that, in the lens he was testing, the amount of anamorphic compression varied according to the focus distance.

That's not a "bug", it's how that particular method for focusing anamorphics works. It's how the original cinemascope lenses, by Henri Chrétien, worked. It makes for lighter designs a lot of the time, and less glass elements, but has the downside of lowering your squeeze factor as you focus closer.

It happens with ALL double focus systems. 🙂

• 5 months later...
On 8/20/2020 at 1:16 AM, Emanuel said:

I am impressed with their customer support response. Never had anything similar before... : ) Well, aside a certain Irish company on innovative accessories for filmmakers ; ) every EOSHD can trust on.

An example for every manufacturer. I firmly recommend them.

I stand it again. From last night : )

Here's a new offer from them running nowadays:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/duken-switch-x-smart-phone-gimbal/x/27010266#/

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...