Sirui anamorphic

Emanuel

• 1 month later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 4/19/2020 at 10:55 PM, graphicnatured said:

So mine arrived. I love how small and light it is. Haven't had the chance to go out in the streets with it, but will this week. One thing it is definitely not is a Kowa! I picked up one of Tito's oval disks to see how that helps. First initial thoughts are that I love how light and small it is. Ease of use is the strong point. Anamorphic character is not really there in my limited time with it, but I think we all kind of know that. I'm hoping taking it into the world opens up my senses for the possibilities. I feel if I can Tito-fake this into giving me that anamorphic vibe with disks, diopters and bpm, it's worth having for size and ease. More later ...

IMG_8522.JPG

How would you suggest recreating the anamorphic look with diopters? I’ve been trying to do this for a second camera to match A Cam (can’t afford two anamorphic adaptors) and what do you mean by bpm?

3 hours ago, 026163 said:

and what do you mean by bpm?

I'm almost 100% sure he refers to Tiffen Black Pro Mist filters.

As for the diopters recreating more of the anamorphic look - I have no clue.
Diopters would only allow you to focus closer than the minimum focus distance on the lens.

They wouldn't change it's characteristics like stretch ratio, depth of field, etc.

8 hours ago, 026163 said:

How would you suggest recreating the anamorphic look with diopters? I’ve been trying to do this for a second camera to match A Cam (can’t afford two anamorphic adaptors) and what do you mean by bpm?

His note is not only about diopters, but the oval disks and anamorfakes. If you want more info on how to recreate the anamorphic look without anamorphic glass, I wrote an entire guide about it.

www.anamorfakeit.com :)

15 minutes ago, 026163 said:

I’m curious about these diopters as the main problem with my spherical lenses is they are too sharp 

You can easily soften them up in post.

I quite often decrease Midtone Details (subbed as MD in Resolve) and add a tiny bit of blur to take the digital edge of my footage.
Truly works wonders.

Our fellow member, @Ryley K , posted an impressive tutorial on how to emulate film. One of the steps there includes adding a faux OLPF effect.
I highly recommend taking a look at it.

On 6/26/2020 at 3:06 AM, heart0less said:

I'm almost 100% sure he refers to Tiffen Black Pro Mist filters.

As for the diopters recreating more of the anamorphic look - I have no clue.
Diopters would only allow you to focus closer than the minimum focus distance on the lens.

They wouldn't change it's characteristics like stretch ratio, depth of field, etc.

Yeah, black pro mist and using diopters to further enhance my depth of field, which can aid in the look I want.

From what i have seen the lens does have some anamorphic character, albeit a bit fewer than other options. But i instantly see the out of focus area's being stretched and of course the wider fov while maintaining the shallower dof. 

For me it would be an instabuy if i could use it on the s1. Apparently, they are working on new stuff and that includes lenses for ef an L-mount. 

Insta-buy! 

They are funding the 35mm version now in August.

I think I read somewhere they are also working on a 25mm version? That would be really, really interesting for simple travel/run'n gun situations.

image.thumb.png.b5fcc5c8f4a19c9f12ae8005962a98b1.png

On 7/6/2020 at 1:03 AM, Andrew Reid said:

I recently picked one up too. Quite impressed with how cinematic it looks.

Flare is a bit naff but apart from that... It's like LA7200 on steroids.

Could you post some screengrabs from this? 

• 3 weeks later...

Damn these lenses are everything i want and more. But i am not buying because i cant use them on the s1 or s1h. In s35 mode those would be awesome. 

I do own a gh5-s as well but it is no longer my main cam. And doesnt have ibis. And with 1.9x crop i find it not versaitile enough. 

I do not understand why they arent producing them with any mount that can be used on other camera's. Im waiting for the day they release lenses with L-mount or EF mount or Nikon F. INSTABUY.