Sirui anamorphic

Emanuel

3 hours ago, Cinegain said:

i liked it, those guys were a bit corny at times, but i guess pretty much anyone goes a bit odd after midnight. Still they were enthusiastic lol. definitely filmed under real world conditions kudos's for that  I also thought the ronin did a pretty good job all things considered. One thing i am curious about is the crop he quoted, does the crop factor vary with the lens mount as he quotes a 1.25 crop for mft compared with a 1.9ish  crop from a full frame on the p4k ?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

New generation hustle kiddos with their toys. Certainly a different times than when I started out, seems to be working out well for them, so props.

Yeah, wondered bout his mentioned crop as well, that was odd. Maybe just confused with the original BMPCC somehow. Or maybe taking into account the vertical loss. No idea.

On 1/4/2020 at 11:57 AM, Cinegain said:

I like the video. I was paying attention to their edits more than the lens though. hahaha. I think they did a good job of explaining what it is and what it does. Some small misconceptions here and there, but nothing terrible! hahaha

As for the crop factor, it is a bit confusing. The BMPCC4k has a crop of 1.9x, so I guess what they were talking about is that an APS-C crop on top of their crop makes it 1.25x more intense. That makes no sense. It's just confusing math. If you're unsure about coverage, my video has the coverage in FF and you can get any conclusions from there. ?

On 12/27/2019 at 4:00 PM, kye said:

I'd suggest that it wouldn't work so well trying to make such a large change in hue. The problem is the same as greenscreening except that this example has extremely soft edges and getting the key right would be tricky and the edges would probably have strange halos.

Take a few screenshots of one of the videos above and try it.

I'd suggest grabbing a key, taking the key and blurring it vertically in one node, blurring it horizontally very heavily in the next node and then changing the colour based on that. Not sure if PP or FCPX will let you do that work flow, but it's pretty easy in Resolve Studio.

On 12/29/2019 at 7:49 AM, Tito Ferradans said:

What @kye said. Pushing the hues all the way around is pretty extreme and bound to give you poor results. You can still try it. hahaha

Thanks for the feedback, btw. I suspected as much. I decided to pass on the lens... for now...

As much as I'd really like to play with anamorphic shooting, I can't see thing lens paying for itself, let alone making me money in the near term with the kind of work I'm doing. Personally, I've got to start being really careful about not just giving into GAS and treating my gear purchases as investments. 

I am hopeful that this lens spurs other makers to put out lenses in this class and I'm looking forward to seeing what Sirui comes up with next.

Yeah, I had seen that funny Napolitan... Not bad shooter at all, who would say? I can assure you my spoken English is more closer to Andrew's and our good fellas : ) Well, be careful with "your" links or some dude can pop up and accuse you to spread "affiliate links" over us rich crowd... Shame on you pal ; ) trying to take profit of us your brothers in community ! LMAO : D

oh how stupid I am, I forgot now who the OP is... Not you but that 'Emanuel' can only be a Chinese in disguise polluting this forum with garbage! LOL You were fully right! New threads are a beast! ; -)

In a more serious note, I am receiving that gimbal these days as well, I think I am tempted to push the button from such bargain and order a 2nd unit taking their pack offer with the lens rather than the secret perk. Same discount anyway.

Any idea on the performance of that thing? I won't have time to test it before the deadline.

I'm not sure you understand how affiliate links work. ?

You mean the Sirui P1?

I have it in, but it's still boxed. I am abroad right now and unable to play with it until next month. But for 99 bucks it certainly seemed a whole lot of value.

I know everybody's been going nuts over the little Weeble that could, the Zhiyun Weebill-S, but, you know, another price tag and shouldn't necessarily be doing what everyone else is doing. I just come from a Pilotfly H2 background, which has been quite a while ago since that came out, so was thinking it couldn't hurt to have something new. Especially when I picked up the Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark III and Panasonic GX9 which are a bit smaller, though the P1 should be able to carry a bit larger/heavier cameras/setups as well, thought that would make for an interesting combo to see how that would go.

5 minutes ago, Cinegain said:

I'm not sure you understand how affiliate links work. ?

LOL Loved that one! : )

6 minutes ago, Cinegain said:

You mean the Sirui P1?

I have it in, but it's still boxed. I am abroad right now and unable to play with it until next month. But for 99 bucks it certainly seemed a whole lot of value.

Exactly my idea... ; )

haha, I figured. ;) A little bit more regarding the P1:

Seems pretty stable and all. Just the motion/transition in movements seems a bit robotic on/off, rather than organic. But I believe he said he had the same feedback and that they were trying to see to address that with firmware.

Btw. Is it me or does it seem like Sirui's been sending gear to try to relatively small channels? A bunch under 2k subs, this particular dude 67:

11 minutes ago, Cinegain said:

I know everybody's been going nuts over the little Weeble that could, the Zhiyun Weebill-S, but, you know, another price tag and shouldn't necessarily be doing what everyone else is doing. I just come from a Pilotfly H2 background, which has been quite a while ago since that came out, so was thinking it couldn't hurt to have something new. Especially when I picked up the Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark III and Panasonic GX9 which are a bit smaller, though the P1 should be able to carry a bit larger/heavier cameras/setups as well, thought that would make for an interesting combo to see how that would go.

Indeed. I think the whole thing is overpriced and this comes to hint that. My bet. Bought already 1 unit, will order a 2nd one.

: -)

The Sirui posted video is the same as one I've posted. I saw it on the Sirui channel first, but that was very Lo-Fi, then found the original HQ one.

Also... you don't need to post every video ever covering this lens flooding the thread. That's why I did it like this:

On 1/16/2020 at 5:02 PM, Cinegain said:

Just one click away. People can go there and find all those videos. Maybe post only those really worth highlighting? My 2cts.