What fav stuff are you currently watching?

Emanuel

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
46 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

Here's a 1st entry of my liking:

BTW for the geek inside you, that was shot on 4K DJI Osmo X5R & Red Weapon 6K.

I am all curious on yours...

thank you, i loved this movie too. I watched it in the cinemas, and the ending is quite brilliant. I did notice when they switched between the osmo and the red, so did my friends who are not camera experts, but it did not take away from the movie at all. 

Well, good old Kodak 35mm... ; ) From those suggestions and now strictly in a pure geek POV, not exactly the scope of this thread though (BTW that new Christian Petzold's Transit is absolutely remarkable), RED cameras lead so far... A funny LOL to those who bet on their coffin ; -)

1 hour ago, heart0less said:

Matrix Trilogy.

I've never really got a grip on the story (no surprise; when it was first released I was 8 years old, hahaha), so I decided to watch and understand it for the first time.
( :

There's nothing to understand in the second and third ones... Personally, I think they're garbage.

Love the first one though. I rewatch it every couple years.

1 hour ago, heart0less said:

Matrix Trilogy.

I've never really got a grip on the story (no surprise; when it was first released I was 8 years old, hahaha), so I decided to watch and understand it for the first time.
( :

Still have to go through that one myself, believe it or not (complete watching it, that is!). ? Always caught little chunks of it, but never actually saw the whole trilogy. That's the thing if you were young and brought up with television. Usually these things started at say 20:30 and I either didn't know it was on and would perhaps channel hop and come across it only to join-in like half an hour in or it went on so long that it ended past bedtime with school the next day. It's been only a few years ago that I finally saw all Star Wars movies too for example. Or... The Godfather. Currently landed on Rocky. Want to watch the original Top Gun (from my year of birth!) as well. Think the last movie I actually saw in theaters was Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. Dunno, wasn't really feeling it. That whilst The Hateful Eight has been one of the better masterpieces I've seen in the last couple of years. But that might be because it was the 70mm Ultra Panavision Roadshow version. Just gorgeous.

But yeah, still a lot of catching up to do... in meanwhile there's so much new content to consume, it's a never ending battle trying to catch 'em all, much like Pokémon. xD Consume a lot of series. I'm not too much into too intellectual or artsy stuff, I'm pretty much a basic bitch, I like the popular stuff. In my freetime I like to relax my mind with some easy to watch entertainment. I randomly started watching The Blacklist. Really enjoyable first couple of seasons, still finishing up the latest few. Now I've started The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance. Tbh, hadn't heard of the original, but it's cool to see this kind of practical filmmaking is still alive, gave me a real Gremlins/Robot Chicken-vibe up front. Thought the series would be a little darker and adults-focused, but it feels more like a (Snow White-esque) fairytale for kids.

40 minutes ago, EthanAlexander said:

There's nothing to understand in the second and third ones... Personally, I think they're garbage.

Those films always came off as too pretentious to me. That said the first film is a great action movie. Pretty much a masterpiece as long as you don't take it too seriously. 

3 hours ago, EthanAlexander said:

) :

Sorry to hear it, as I quite enjoyed the first one, too!

3 hours ago, Cinegain said:

Still have to go through that one myself, believe it or not (complete watching it, that is!). ? Always caught little chunks of it, but never actually saw the whole trilogy. That's the thing if you were young and brought up with television. Usually these things started at say 20:30 and I either didn't know it was on and would perhaps channel hop and come across it only to join-in like half an hour in or it went on so long that it ended past bedtime with school the next day. It's been only a few years ago that I finally saw all Star Wars movies too for example. Or... The Godfather.

EXACTLY.

To be honest, my serious movie watching started only after moving out of family home and breaking the 'bedtime' chains, hahahaha. 
In 4 years time I managed to get through (and really enjoy) some of the most important/memorable moving pictures and somehow develop a taste of mine. 

But, as you can see, there are still some titles I haven't watched yet.

( :

3 hours ago, matthere said:

I am probably a bit behind the times as I don't watch much tv these days (...)

Hey, but who said it must be TV...? Because of the thread's title? LOL I currently watch only a bit of stuff made for small screen, as matter of fact... It can be TV, yes, obviously but no less the imagerie produced for big screen : -)

Happy Valley - two-season box set (small town realistic police procedural investigation). Such good writing by Sally Wainwright; she seems to understand that not only does something need to be interesting, but the main characters need to be likeable too. Many times I find this is not achieved in TV drama - there's action, production values, hip cinematography, smart one-liners, but it goes for nothing because you just don't care about the people enough. It's almost as if aliens had written them and in a subtle way, got the wrong idea about us. The main characters in Happy Valley are ordinary, realistic, but we want to be with them because we care. So when we see a big close up of Sarah Lancashire with a bloodshot eye, it means something. This is old school drama at its best, with excellent actors to bring it out. Strongly recommended.