Post a photo of your rig

Mako Sports

10 hours ago, MrSMW said:

Entrances & exits for one thing... as one of those 'hybrid' wedding photographer/vidiots, I shoot both stills and video at the same time.

Most of the day, I can flip between camera types (XT3's for video duty and XH1 & X100F stills) but there are times when I need to both at the same time such as entrances and exits, confetti tunnels etc.

I used to stick the Action on top of the XT3 on a monopod so when they got too close for the 50mm prime, the wider angle action camera captured the last few feet of their walk.

I also use it to follow trays of canapes or plates of food in motion where anything bigger is a pain in the wotsits.

I also shoot band/dancing footage and for first dance especially, it's my wide.

I'm not that creative with it and it's more filling a hole but in a limited way. Same as the drone, - just a very small part of the day, especially as the footage of both is not in the same league as that from the XT3.

I tried the Pocket previously. Wasn't for me. Better low light but for my needs, the Action works better.

That makes sense, thanks.  I'm always interested in wedding photography / videography as it's often a single-shooter making a polished product by getting coverage and variety of an event that is unpredictable and on which they have very low degrees of control over, which is relatively similar to how I shoot.  

I mention lots of times that I have a problem with X and people suggest that I hire a sound guy with a boom mic or carry a lighting rig or just get people to do something again, but wedding photogs understand that not everything is a controlled movie set and that people sometimes shoot in situations where those things aren't an option and so we have to work around these limitations :) 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
7 hours ago, kye said:

That makes sense, thanks.  I'm always interested in wedding photography / videography as it's often a single-shooter making a polished product by getting coverage and variety of an event that is unpredictable and on which they have very low degrees of control over, which is relatively similar to how I shoot.  

I mention lots of times that I have a problem with X and people suggest that I hire a sound guy with a boom mic or carry a lighting rig or just get people to do something again, but wedding photogs understand that not everything is a controlled movie set and that people sometimes shoot in situations where those things aren't an option and so we have to work around these limitations :) 

Wedding video... how hard can it be? ;)

On 9/29/2019 at 12:11 AM, kye said:

At the risk of taking the thread in an unexpected direction, here's my two set-ups from earlier today, pictured in their natural habitat, on a beach towel on my lap in a tour bus, with people around me wondering WTF I was doing taking a photo of two cameras with a third camera (my phone).

For better context of your full setup, I think you need someone else to take a photo of you taking a photo with your 3rd camera of your other two cameras.