New Unreleased Joker Film Creates Havok Despite Being An Unreleased Comic Book Movie

kaylee

I just saw this movie 20 minutes ago. Amazing. 

I think anyone who’s truly offended by it simply doesn’t live in the real world. As with many films and art in general it’s an exaggerated reflection of reality. 

He’s the bad guy, it’s ubdeniable, but you really see how and why he feels like what he’s doing is right. His judgements on the world around him are fully justified, his reaction, of course, is not. 

Throughout the film, I kept thinking of the saying ‘you can fool all the people sometimes, some of the people all the time, but you can’t fool all the people all the time’. For me, that is essentially the point in this film. There are many more themes and criticisms in the story too and I would highly recommend everyone to watch it. It’s not just entertainment.

As for performances and the technical stuff. A+ on all accounts. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
3 hours ago, Anaconda_ said:

‘you can fool...  some of the people all the time...'

This is the problem. And, this is the problem that most people are worried about...

From an art perspective, its great... but for the "some" who can't dissociate a movie from reality...

It becomes a bigger problem right?

Again, for you and me that don't associate with those "some that can be fooled all the time," this movie is going to be great, I'm definitely going to check it out sometime this weekend if time permits.

But, those "some that can be fooled all the time" are going to go see this movie and think its okay to go around killing a bunch of people. However small this hypothetical situation is, all it really takes is 1 person to hurt the many - e.g. strap a bomb to his chest and run into corporate building (boom!).

32 minutes ago, mkabi said:

This is the problem. And, this is the problem that most people are worried about...

From an art perspective, its great... but for the "some" who can't dissociate a movie from reality...

It becomes a bigger problem right?

Again, for you and me that don't associate with those "some that can be fooled all the time," this movie is going to be great, I'm definitely going to check it out sometime this weekend if time permits.

But, those "some that can be fooled all the time" are going to go see this movie and think its okay to go around killing a bunch of people. However small this hypothetical situation is, all it really takes is 1 person to hurt the many - e.g. strap a bomb to his chest and run into corporate building (boom!).

By that logic nobody should be allowed to do or say anything because it could be taken the wrong way. 

@mkabi I get your point, but for me the movie is trying to stop those people who’re fooled all the time from being fooled. 

Its grabbing them by the shirt and shaking them.

I just wrote a long paragraph that might help explain my point, but in retrospect it might spoil the movie as a lot of it is about what you, the audience member, brings to the screen. When you have seen it, please come back and let me know your thoughts. 

3 hours ago, EthanAlexander said:

By that logic nobody should be allowed to do or say anything because it could be taken the wrong way. 

Isn't that how comedians feel nowadays anyway?

And, how is it any different if I say "All Niggers and Faggots should be shot" <- full on racist and hate speech, but I should be free to express via freedom of speech laws, and lets just say its my form of art (NOT!). And, if anyone isn't appalled by that... may be you really feel that way.... in any case, I have to ask, where do you draw the line???

3 hours ago, Anaconda_ said:

When you have seen it, please come back and let me know your thoughts. 

Lets do that... not that I disagree with you guys, but I sort of sympathize with the concerned parent... you know what I mean...

And yet, at the same time, I hate how the world is developing, when I was growing up, I stayed at my home without supervision, went outside and to the park without supervision, now look at it... I have to literally watch my kids (like a hawk) do some boring a$$ shit while they dump sand in their own hair. And, I have to do that till they are 12 years old, same with fucken car seats, they have to fucken use those things till they are 12 too. Airbags are suppose to save lives right? But it will put you in a coma first, or kill your kids if they are in the front seat, not to mention that if any number of them is deployed, your car is deemed totaled. You know, as parents we are not allowed to send juice boxes to school.... what the fuck???? That shit was a staple when I was growing up..... I haven't turned out so bad, have I??? Also, kids can't spend too much time in front of the TV or ipad, or you've all of a sudden become bad parents.... I can literally say that my parents were the remote and TV, I have 3 fucken degrees (not that it matters) to my name and a pretty decent full time job (in any case, I feel like I'm a normal contributing member of society), young parents nowadays are forgetting the good things they grew up with and going by a text book written by a text book nerd. Sorry if I'm ranting...

1 hour ago, kaylee said:

if you get "fooled" by a comic book movie, you should be institutionalized

You would think so... but then you come across this crazy a$$ shit:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/masked-hero-bromley-batman-saves-10731855

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/real-life-superheroes-transform-masked-5313086

https://www.shortlist.com/news/londons-got-a-superhero-and-hes-called-the-shadow

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real-life_superhero

And, if that crazy a$$ shit is going on, how long before an equal and opposite reaction starts happening?

50 minutes ago, mkabi said:

And, if that crazy a$$ shit is going on, how long before an equal and opposite reaction starts happening?

allready has. Some muscle bound idiot shot at his ex then shot at a cop shop and finally shot at some cops, wounding one, only a day or so ago here's the story

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/public-urged-to-avoid-police-stations-in-sydney-s-west-after-reported-shooting-20191002-p52x4z.html

personally, i think creating controversy for the sake of controversy isn't art or wisdom. You know the old sayings, garbage in garbage out, you are what you eat, that has to apply to the mind just as much as to the stomach. Clearly there are weak or susceptible minds out there and there's a valid argument that some of these movies are feeding those minds. Trouble is until those minds snap nobody has a clue whats going on or people that do say something aren't listened anyway.. After the mind has snapped its too late the damage is done and one or more people are either dead or wounded.

LIFE is precious, all the evidence points to the fact that we only get one go at it.  I'm not suggesting, we all hold hands and sing kumbaya but i reckon people need to start making a few judgements calls about whats wholesome for their mind and whats not.

On 9/26/2019 at 10:09 PM, kaylee said:

a glance at headlines online from critics who have seen the origin story film gives an idea of the points being illustrated in these conversations. From Refinery29: “Joker Is A Dangerous Film — & It’s Bringing Out The Worst In The Internet”. From Time: “Joker wants to be a movie about the emptiness of our culture. Instead, it’s a prime — and dangerous — example of it.” Vanity Fair suggested Joker, which they deemed “a deeply troubling origin story,” may be “irresponsible propaganda for the very men it pathologizes.” They continue, “Is Joker celebratory or horrified? Or is there simply no difference, the way there wasn’t in ‘Natural Born Killers’ or myriad other ‘America, man’ movies about the freeing allure of depravity?” IndieWire called Joker “a bold but incel-friendly origin story.” “Is this really the time to be lionizing such behavior?,” asked a New Republic writer who admits to having not seen the film.

The major movie critics very often just make a competition of stupidity and nonsense

On 9/27/2019 at 7:20 AM, Snowbro said:

Just your typical liberals. The same ones who normalized intense violence and sex, now cry about it for political reasons. It's like when I was a kid and they were trying to ban lots of video games, saying that association is always causation. When in reality, there will always be outliers in statistics. So punish the 99.9999999999% that do not act out violently from watching a movie or playing a video game? If they want to stop innocent people from dying, why not start with hospital malpractice, that kills 31x more people per year than gun homicide. 

Totally agree, the typical contradiction of liberals, they want absolute liberty in every possible way and then complain about the effects of it

12 hours ago, leslie said:

allready has. Some muscle bound idiot shot at his ex then shot at a cop shop and finally shot at some cops, wounding one, only a day or so ago here's the story

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/public-urged-to-avoid-police-stations-in-sydney-s-west-after-reported-shooting-20191002-p52x4z.html

That was a bikie, not some superhero movie fan turned bad after a movie screening. Totally irrelevant to this conversation.

4 hours ago, barefoot_dp said:

That was a bikie, not some superhero movie fan turned bad after a movie screening. Totally irrelevant to this conversation.

How do you know what bikie's watch ?  my money says it isn't bambi the movie.  Which brings us back to the issue what people are watching and what it is doing to some peoples minds.

Limiting the issue to just cinema fans is kinda narrow minded.  Movies and other content can be watched anywhere these days. One could argue that anyone thats ever turned on a tv, hired a dvd , been online or been to the cinema is a movie fan at some level. Every house in the developed world has one tv if not more. Got school aged kids you have probably got a couple of ipads or laptops as well. Nick fury must be the only person in the world that still has a pager most everyone else would have a smartphone ? perhaps i have generalized, dropping youtube, cinema and any other form of visual media you can think of in the one bag. But lets face it, cinema is the oldest form. If you take exception to that and tell me that cinema is without some  blame well... that would really dumb.

7 hours ago, leslie said:

How do you know what bikie's watch ?  my money says it isn't bambi the movie.  Which brings us back to the issue what people are watching and what it is doing to some peoples minds.

Limiting the issue to just cinema fans is kinda narrow minded.  Movies and other content can be watched anywhere these days. One could argue that anyone thats ever turned on a tv, hired a dvd , been online or been to the cinema is a movie fan at some level. Every house in the developed world has one tv if not more. Got school aged kids you have probably got a couple of ipads or laptops as well. Nick fury must be the only person in the world that still has a pager most everyone else would have a smartphone ? perhaps i have generalized, dropping youtube, cinema and any other form of visual media you can think of in the one bag. But lets face it, cinema is the oldest form. If you take exception to that and tell me that cinema is without some  blame well... that would really dumb.

So your argument is that because I can't prove he hasn't seen this movie, it is 100% correlated to his actions?

We're talking about a guy who's part of an organised criminal enterprise - the type that you're in for life. His profile picture is him flexing with a baseball bat and a very scary dog (and for those not based in Aus - baseball is hardly even a sport here. A baseball bat is not something every family has in their garage). He went on a crime spree which was the culmination of an ongoing, long-term domestic dispute. And you're claiming all of his actions were a result of this film?

42 minutes ago, barefoot_dp said:

So your argument is that because I can't prove he hasn't seen this movie, it is 100% correlated to his actions?

Its fairly unlikely that he saw the movie. Internet news reports say he was shot dead on wednesday night that makes it the second of october, google indicates that the joker opened on the third a day later. So no i cant blame his actions are a result of this particular movie. My argument is that cinema, tv, netflix what ever you watch, is increasingly running out of original content. Whatever movie genre your interest is Cowboy, war, space, alien, comedy, romance its all be done before. If you have seen a any of the predator movies, you know pretty much every one is going to get slaughtered, the originality is the where and the how. Its pretty easy for all of us to distinguish the difference from predator to reality.

Advertising exists only to sell you something, to have you buy something clearly they have to influence you. If a thirty second ad can make you buy something, what does a 90 minute movie have the opportunity to do ?  Im not saying that all movies are inherently are evil, but i think controversial movies are on a much slipperier slope with the product they peddle and the subtle effects they have.
We're talking about a guy who's part of an organised criminal enterprise - the type that you're in for life. His profile picture is him flexing with a baseball bat and a very scary dog (and for those not based in Aus - baseball is hardly even a sport here. A baseball bat is not something every family has in their garage). He went on a crime spree which was the culmination of an ongoing, long-term domestic dispute. And you're claiming all of his actions were a result of this film?

Your a guy, i'm a guy, he was a guy, I was an absolute shit of a kid at primary school, any trouble that was going around and i was in it. Six cuts of the cane were fortnightly occurrences for me. A mate and i burnt out about ten acres or a couple of hectares when when i was ten or twelve. I got flogged by dad with a piece of rubber mat from out of a horse float for that. I stole money so i could play space invaders. My parents had been going to church and dragging me along since i was seven. It wasn't till i was 15 and got baptized by full immersion and received the holy spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues that my life actually changed. Sorry to go all churchy on you but for me the was my saving grace. Honestly i can say but for finding jesus i could have easily have trod the same path as Daniel King the guy in the article i linked to. I can't blame bugs bunny, the coyote out of the roadrunner or full house for my younger indiscretions Perhaps simpler times more direct methods of discipline and jesus sorted me out. movies may not have put the shotgun in his hand but i think it helped fuel his inspiration.

One of the things i have learned is that you have to guard your mind. Guard rails will generally stop a car from going over the edge of a cliff, seat belts save lives of that there is no doubt, people need to exercise some restraint with what their minds consume, simple as that

Saw the movie yesterday.

Its good, but a bit long... and I still feel the same way, some people are going to come out of it thinking - "I've had it rough too, I've been bullied too, I've been abused as a child too, so lets go shoot up a place."

I guess its very much like this: https://www.theguardian.com/film/2013/jun/24/jim-carrey-violence-kick-ass-2-sandy-hook

Anyway, the movie theatre I went to see it at, had some kids with full face paint like the Joker, I was like isn't it a bit early for Halloween???