New Unreleased Joker Film Creates Havok Despite Being An Unreleased Comic Book Movie

kaylee

amazing, what a time to be alive

A glance at headlines online from critics who have seen the origin story film gives an idea of the points being illustrated in these conversations. From Refinery29: “Joker Is A Dangerous Film — & It’s Bringing Out The Worst In The Internet”. From Time: “Joker wants to be a movie about the emptiness of our culture. Instead, it’s a prime — and dangerous — example of it.” Vanity Fair suggested Joker, which they deemed “a deeply troubling origin story,” may be “irresponsible propaganda for the very men it pathologizes.” They continue, “Is Joker celebratory or horrified? Or is there simply no difference, the way there wasn’t in ‘Natural Born Killers’ or myriad other ‘America, man’ movies about the freeing allure of depravity?” IndieWire called Joker “a bold but incel-friendly origin story.” “Is this really the time to be lionizing such behavior?,” asked a New Republic writer who admits to having not seen the film.

https://uk.ign.com/articles/2019/09/25/joker-dangerous-movie-joaquin-phoenix-todd-phillips-interview

thoughts, guys?

i face the ~exact~ same shit with my harmless, make-believe art practice btw. and there isnt a single gun! this is not abt guns smh

joaquin-phoenix-joker-movie-trailer.jpg

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Society will always have things that they're not willing to talk about, and when someone does talk about them there will be controversy.  Hollywood is relatively new to this territory, but it's the job of the artist to address the unaddressable, to discuss the undiscussable, and to generally bring these things to light.  That's why there's so much dark humour - we laugh partly because we don't know what else to do.  "I can't believe you said that".

Check out Sarah Silverman, deeply wrong and also hilarious.

Just your typical liberals. The same ones who normalized intense violence and sex, now cry about it for political reasons. It's like when I was a kid and they were trying to ban lots of video games, saying that association is always causation. When in reality, there will always be outliers in statistics. So punish the 99.9999999999% that do not act out violently from watching a movie or playing a video game? If they want to stop innocent people from dying, why not start with hospital malpractice, that kills 31x more people per year than gun homicide. 

9 hours ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

Greatly looking forward to it. Don't have much care about media's opinion. The world's problems are much bigger than a joker movie. 

Like Mexican Joker? 

2301-blog.jpg

18 minutes ago, Snowbro said:

Just your typical liberals. The same ones who normalized intense violence and sex, now cry about it for political reasons. It's like when I was a kid and they were trying to ban lots of video games, saying that association is always causation. When in reality, there will always be outliers in statistics. So punish the 99.9999999999% that do not act out violently from watching a movie or playing a video game? If they want to stop innocent people from dying, why not start with hospital malpractice, that kills 31x more people per year than gun homicide. 

yeah, here's some more liberal trash blaming videos games... AND THE INTERNET!!!

41 minutes ago, Zak Forsman said:

yeah, here's some more liberal trash blaming videos games... AND THE INTERNET!!!

Hahaha I was just trying to create a little entertainment. I truly believe that all politicians on both sides are scumbags.  

Who knows what trump is, he was a democrat forever. Now all of a sudden a republican? I just see more liberal ran media more than anything and I hate their spin on the news. You literally look at a police report/local newspaper, see the facts of what happens, then you see a big news article omitting major details of what actually happened, as to fit their agenda. That is what I don't like, on either side. The general public is so easily swayed, they don't think for themselves. I personally dislike being lied to. 

On the fence on if a director with literally THE worst list of movies expects to be taken seriously? 

I knew he did the hangover and then recently found out he did old school and road trip. ?

Youre not Tarantino. Do you get to make trash films for 20+ years and then expect people to forget? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.buzzfeednews.com/amphtml/davidmack/todd-phillips-joker-woke-culture-comedy

37 minutes ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

I am pretty sure everything in this interview was planned to make Joaquin look a bit crazy for publicity. How could you not have fun playing the joker??

fascinating. i disagree: id say this is a total shoot

are you calling me a mark?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossary_of_professional_wrestling_terms