No Iris on OG BMPCC

Anaconda_

Hey all,

A little while ago I got an amazing deal on the original BMPCC, so good that I couldn't turn it down and it's all been great, everything's worked as well as it should... with manual lenses. I've recently tried using a native MFT lens (14-140) but noticed I don't have iris control or any focussing as it's a focus by wire lens.

I've also put on my Viltrox booster and I don't have any iris control on my Canon lenses, even with the little switch on the booster that should control the iris. 

I tried cleaning the contacts on the camera and lenses, but the problem persists, so now I'm thinking the issue lies within the lens mount its self. Maybe the connectors aren't getting power?

I'm more than happy to open up the camera and have a gentle poke around to see if I can fix the problem, but I can't find any relevant information about what I might find when I get inside.

Does anyone have any ideas of where to look or what might be the cause?

Or is my only solution to treat it as a dumb mount and use manual lenses? If so, can anyone suggest a wide lens - the widest I have is 28mm. I assume the SLR Magic 8mm is a standard go-to here?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
12 hours ago, Anaconda_ said:

That's what I'm asking haha... 

If you don't have the skills it's better not to open it yourself. From teardown videos it looks rather complicated and it is very easy to completely kill it.
Just use this one with manual lenses. You can still use the viltrox with manual lenses (EF, M42, etc...) to get wider fov.