small video with a7iii from thermal springs in pomaks village Greece

mallllias

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 9/24/2019 at 2:17 AM, nathlas said:

To be honest it's not even average.

You have to study a lot and most important see great videos and search the way they did those.

Catching a camera that is capable of decent to great image doesn't mean you are capable too.

Don't give up and keep going.

Just because it's sony colors, doesn't mean you have to be so rude.

15 minutes ago, nathlas said:

i tell the truth.But I encourage to continue try.

I haven't even mentioned   the colors. The way of shooting it's the main problem.

Are you a professional? Can we see your work? You were pretty f!@#ing rude to the OP. Maybe there is a language disconnect here, but I have been on the forums for a few years and haven't seen anyone talk to a new member like you.

I think we can both agree that there are areas he can improve, but we don't need to say things like "To be honest, it's not even average" or "Catching a camera that is capable of decent to great image doesn't mean you are capable too". Then underhandedly say some obviously false encouragement after.

This is a largely amature forum, with some professionals. I personally don't see the point in projecting such negative sentiment towards someone just exploring this field, likely for fun.

OP, don't let this discourage you from filming more. It wasn't as bad as he made it out to be, just keep going and you will improve. It's already better than 90% of the copycat travel videos I see on youtube. 

The video isn't bad to be honest.

The location looks very beautiful and some of the shots are quite interesting. The color maybe a little too saturated but this is just personal preference. Some of the shots have too fast of a shutter speed. Of course there are things that can be improved. Who can say their video is so perfect that nothing can be improved on?

On 9/27/2019 at 9:41 AM, Snowbro said:

It wasn't as bad as he made it out to be, just keep going and you will improve. It's already better than 90% of the copycat travel videos I see on youtube. 

Well this is very close to what I told him/her but if you insist you are the good guy and I am the bad be my guest  :)

10 hours ago, Vision said:

Op great work! Now question to colorgurus ☺

Is it due to time of the day the colours are too saturated or because of picture profile?

Am noob i wanna learn? 

Colour comes from many steps along the way, being finalised in post with corrections like saturation etc.  Essentially, if footage is shot well enough for the codec being used (better codecs are more flexible) then you can (*almost) make any video have any colour you like by processing it in post.  

I say "almost" because there are a few limitations:

• the various filters in front of the sensor (including the RGB one)
  • the processing in the camera itself
  • how well the footage was shot and how good the codec is (10-bit, etc)
  • the level of flexibility you have in your toolset (NLE, and other video processing software)
  • the limitations of your monitoring (colour accuracy of monitors etc)
  • the level of skill you have as a colourist

In most situations it's the level of skill of the colourist that dominates how good the final result will be.  The rule of thumb is that if you shoot it well by setting exposure and WB on set, shoot in suitable conditions (not crazy DR, no mixed lighting, etc) then you should be able to get good colour in post with only a few simple adjustments.  Getting great colour requires everything to be almost perfect and a huge level of skill from the colourist, or just getting lucky.

Hope that helps..