The SINGLE SOVIET PRIME LENS challenge

kye

9 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

Ah...hang on.

What I've just shot doesn't follow any of them apart from the lens bit.

I hadn't actually read them as I was primarily just here for the heckling regarding the Soviet sphere of influence post World War II.

Oh well, in the bin it goes.

Let me get this straight...  you shot a film for a film competition and didn't follow ANY of the rules?

I'd keep your eyes on this thread come judging time!! ???

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, kye said:

Let me get this straight...  you shot a film for a film competition and didn't follow ANY of the rules?

I'd keep your eyes on this thread come judging time!! ???

if this was the formula one thread, btm would get a dnf, Did not finish !

continuing the f1 theme, scrutineers should examine all footage for irregularities ? 

58 minutes ago, leslie said:

my lens has arrived, preliminary tests give no joy. If i free lens i can get focus, it appears my m42 to mft adapter is too long. Looks like i am waiting for the helicoid to arrive

I noticed some lenses suggested that the manufacturer used a m42 mount but a different flange distance, and that these wouldn't be a straight conversion with a normal adapter, and I thought I'd bought one of these but one arrived and it's fine, so maybe it's one that hasn't arrived yet.

How far away can you focus?  Maybe it's workable?

2 hours ago, kye said:

I noticed some lenses suggested that the manufacturer used a m42 mount but a different flange distance, and that these wouldn't be a straight conversion with a normal adapter, and I thought I'd bought one of these but one arrived and it's fine, so maybe it's one that hasn't arrived yet.

How far away can you focus?  Maybe it's workable?

actually i tried two enlarger lenses, one projection lens, and the russian lens that arrived today . I'm not really surprised i have read that the once you go lower than 70mm or so with enlarger lenses its harder to get infinity focus and you need shorter and shorter mounts. The el nikor 63mm enlarger lens is notoriously difficult to get infinity focus without a custom mount. I didn't think this russian lens was an enlarger lens i figured it would mount up to m42 and i'd be away but its m39 which is a popular size for enlarger lenses and i dont read or speak  russian so theres a good chance that maybe it is an enlarger lens ?. I'm not too perturbed i have a bunch of adapters of different thicknesses, two helicoids yet to arrive.

• Super Members
11 hours ago, kye said:

I followed the first one.

This is precisely one more than I would usually follow.

10 hours ago, leslie said:

if this was the formula one thread, btm would get a dnf, Did not finish !

Story of my life.

2 hours ago, xzobinx said:

the name of the song, much appreciated.

It's "Misty."  Jazz Classic.  So much of a standard song that Clint Eastwood made a movie around it.  The tune is by Erroll Gardner.  For my money the best rendition of the song is from Ella Fitzgerald.  Best sax rendition?   I'll go with Sonny Stitt.  Saginaw, MI represent!

Look at me, helpless like a kitten up a tree...

Anyone want an internet rabbit hole to go down?  "Misty" will take through the pinnacle of mid-century American music.

9 hours ago, xzobinx said:

Pretty sure I have used two lens for this which broke the single lens rule but I can assure that both are Soviet.

I made this a while ago as part of my street music passion project. 

If anyone can tell me the name of the song, much appreciated 

nice entry. very smooth,  both the music and the video, black and white works well in this context i think.

On 10/18/2019 at 9:28 AM, kye said:

Lens #2..  something more akin to my normal style of film-making.

i like it, nice job kye

for some odd reason it doesn't play for me had to go to youtube to watch it. but i wont take any points away for that

btw, next time you do a sausage sizzle i want in ?

With only a week left to enter, how are we all doing?  Who has films on the way?

I have two lenses I haven't shot with yet, although one has an infinity focus problem that I haven't resolved, and no opportunities to shoot in sight... ???