5D Mark 3 High ISO Nighttime Video Test

eaglejm

Shot in Downtown St Louis used a few lenses, Zeiss 35mm F2, Canon 17-40L, 135L. From ISO 1600-12800. Standard settings, 1080P 30Fps video, with a Rode microphone on a Manfrotto 701 HDV Fluid Head. IPB Encoding.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4bLH6rmf5A#ws]Canon 5D Mark III High ISO Video Test[/url]

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Thanks for sharing - looks good on a small screen, but there is virtually no detail in any of the shots.  But to be fair these are complex scenes that you filmed.  Not a strength of the Canon MK3.  Like andrew said in his review, shooting the MK3 for landscapes and lots of movement creates mush - a tight closeup with a sharp lens is the best way to use the MK3's strengths.

As TV's and computer monitors grow above 1920x1080 resolution the MK3 is going to look worse and worse in the future.

:(

That being said, I LOVE the 35mm F2.0 Zeiss lens you shot with - I always felt it had stunning color and enjoyed its close focus performance.

Take care!

• Administrators
Great ISO but I agree with my 'GF' Sara  :P There's no detail! It looks really electronic and plastic.

Actually this is a great example of my main critique of the 5D Mark III.

Look at the Vimeo embed above at the detailing on the asphalt and the area with tons of highlights and lights. Looks lovely. Then see if you can resist puking when viewing it full screen.