7" or bigger monitor with SDI? Under 250€$£.

Kisaha

I am researching for a cheap monitor for my sound jobs.

When in camera I use my SmallHD Focus 5" but I need something bigger with SDI to monitor when I am doing sound and I need to input from the BlackMagic monitors.

This seems good but it is 350-380€ in EU

FEELWORLD FW279S

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I have the FW279S, got it on a lightning deal for around 280 euro.

It does the job and is very bright so no need for a hood, but it feels cheap and i'm not too keen on the menu system/OSD.

If i was buying again i'd spend more and go for the Aputure VS-5X. Although its more expensive it does have built-in scopes and a cross converter.

Yeah, Feelworld is doing alright I think. Used to be a Lilliput kinda guy, but they're always taking their merry time with things (but the FS7 might work for what you're after; Q7 Pro seems a bit overpriced; that's almost Blackmagic Design territory, and the new ones are nice as fudge and record). Like, I was at their booth and they still rocking that Q5... I already sold mine again a while ago. Dropped by Feelworld as well and that F6 Plus with a touchscreen is pretty neat looking. 7" version too (though, I believe it's not SDI). They told me that they're working on a monitor/recorder combo now... imagine that!

Been increasingly hearing about people going Portkeys, seems a bit out of budget though, even with that -20%: https://portkeys-europe.com/portkeys-hs7t-7-1200nit-bright-4k-signal-support-hdmi3g-sdi-on-camera-monitor-with-3d-lut . And Andycine is still a thing: https://andycine.com/andycine-x7s-7inch-ultra-brightness-screen-2200nits-display-1920x1080-camera-field-monitor-with-hdmisdi-input-and-output-rugged-cnc-aluminum-housing-p2233606.html .

Yeah, bought my Q5 there way back when. Believe at launch it had 30 EUR off. Everything went fine. Had a 663/O/P2 before that (actually still do somewhere). Sold my Video Assist 5" as well. So, presently just have the Feelworld F570.

True, can spot the 5" version, just not the 7" A70TLS thru Geizhals.eu it seems. Fotga themselves seem to have UK and DE Amazon stores, but not carry it (you could try and ask I suppose?). But as with all things China... AliExpress is always a way to go... https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000173376386.html ... also seems to be one you'd be able to find on eBay I guess.

1 hour ago, Cinegain said:

Yeah, bought my Q5 there way back when. Believe at launch it had 30 EUR off. Everything went fine. Had a 663/O/P2 before that (actually still do somewhere). Sold my Video Assist 5" as well. So, presently just have the Feelworld F570.

Everything from China and U.S are highly regulated here. You have to pay taxes and customs to even silly things.

Why you went Feelworld after that? I know almost everybody ones one, but they feel cheepish to me with terrible menus (at least if compared to the SmallHD I own!).

Size/price are quite alright. Don't really care much for the feel or menus (they're all crap if you compare it to say the BMD Video Assists or imho way overpriced SmallHD ones) as long as the image is nice.

Yeah, in the early days I had (very obvious) stuff fly under the radar. Not so much these last 2 years or so, they seem a little more vigilant. But... after 11 years having lived in Austria, I'm back in The Netherlands once again, received a couple of orders from abroad already and so far so good (got lucky with a Sony mic imported from Japan, which from JP usually gets shipped by EMS with true values on 'em which in my experience always pop up on customs' radar). There's also some stores with EU Priority Direct mail or something along those lines where it's guaranteed you don't pay any import fees however or they have something set-up with Express shipping where it's first send to some EU warehouse and from there gets forwarded within the EU borders.

On 9/19/2019 at 8:52 PM, funkyou86 said:

Portkeys HH7 is great, trades around 250 USD on amazon or 250-300 on aliexpress. I got mine to europe with free DHL shipping. 

The Portkeys HS7T, which is the SDI version is 399euros. Considering that every SDI version is 50-100euros more expensive anyway, do you consider it a good option?

The FS7 is more than 100euros less, par example. https://lilliputdirect.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=785&search=fs7 

These 2 and the Fotga (which I am awaiting an answer from FOTGA, https://www.amazon.com/DP500IIIS-Camera-1920x1080-Mirrorless-Camcorder/dp/B07WFS65LC?th=1) are my main 3 options. 

7 hours ago, Kisaha said:

The Portkeys HS7T, which is the SDI version is 399euros. Considering that every SDI version is 50-100euros more expensive anyway, do you consider it a good option?

Damn, that SDI almost doubles it's price. I've got mine (HDMI only) for 220euros from Aliexpress. I also shot with the SDI version and it's pretty solid. The image is bright even in sunlight, you can load luts and the IQ is very nice. But do not buy the claymore wireless, for 600 euros it's a bummer. Works very badly and you have to walk next to the camera to get the image from the transmitter. 

• 8 months later...

Fotga has just added waveforms (RGB parade / YUV waveform / Luma waveform) and a vectorscope to the aforementioned A50T monitor series.

Can't truly say I ever expected to receive ANY firmware update, but they constantly surprise me with those new features, wow.

First they added a Hi-brightness setting (which bumps the brightness from 510 nits to over 700 nits), then a DCI-P3 gamut and now - waveforms.
Just: wow.

IMG_20200525_100232.thumb.jpg.a0e4dca19f65b704325853b3c462420f.jpg