Sigma Fp review and interview / Cinema DNG RAW

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members

Maybe my whispering friend wasn't as drunk as he sounded a few months ago with that price then.

At least for the body anyway as the 24-70mm L mount he was slurring about as being in a bundle with it is still not on the radar so would be a bit of a bombshell if thats how they chose to launch it.

The "under 3K" stuff we were being fed by Sigma last month is still a bit of a mystery though. 

I mean, obviously, this is under 3K but it seems a bit of a daft move from them to be doing that sort of kite flying at the first major public display of it when it could (and did) cool a lot of interest in it so close to the launch.

Weird.

• Super Members
16 minutes ago, ntblowz said:

Price will be 220,000 yen for body only and 264,000 with 45mm 2.8 in japan

https://twitter.com/nokishita_c/status/1181121096885489665

Their consumption tax went up to 10% at the start of the month, so that is 200,000 net which does equate to the $1899 then.

In the UK that means it should be roughly the same price in pounds of £1899 when you add the VAT and puts it into the same range as the Z6 and A7iii.

I think both of those cameras certainly have quite a big edge currently regarding native lenses, AF and EVF amongst a host of other things but RAW to SSD and tiny form factor for modularity are very big and likely decisive factors for a lot of people here?

The equivalent of a 4K Full Frame OG BMPCC for £1899 versus the 6K Super35 new generation BMPCC for £2200 is an interesting dilemma !

9 minutes ago, Paul Jonathan said:

Kisaha, check the link I posted, its pretty safe to say the FP will launch at 1899 USD, so closer to the 4k than the 6k which will make things interesting for sure..

Yep! We just have the euro premium here. Everything is a lot more expensive!

BTM_Pix, great find!

HG-11 is the handgrip, coming it at roughly 60 USD, while HG-21 is a much larger one for about 100 USD
LVF-11 is the LCD viewfinder attachment for roughly 300 USD
BPL-11 is a very small baseplate

CN-21 and SAC-7P are DC and AC battery adapters, while BC-71 is the battery charger, strange, that these wouldn't be included. CR-41 is a remote trigger, maybe more useful for photography.

Would be really interested in the lens adapter pricing, MC-31 (PL) and MC-21 (EF)

images can be found here btw

• Super Members
11 minutes ago, Paul Jonathan said:

Would be really interested in the lens adapter pricing, MC-31 (PL) and MC-21 (EF)

Its just the regular MC-21 that has already been released so around $250 for EF version and around $125 for the SA version.

The MC-31 is stil TBA but I'd guess it will be closer in price to the Wooden Camera PL to L mount at $499 than it will to the Leica one at $1399.

For a budget option, Fotodiox now do one for around $150.

For a really budget option, you can download the 3D files off Sigma and print one yourself !

1373389155_ScreenShot2019-10-01at14_12_18.thumb.png.891f6c020752e013b60e8304f5a97969.png

Well I have told more than 3 times that the body price would be definitely under 2000$ although in IBC there were rumors for a price under 3000$ ( that was clearly a market trick in order that the camera will appear affordable uppon it's release)

I am glad that Sigma learned from their mistakes (original SD1 release) and try to sell massively.

I think 1899 is too much money, you can get a a7rii for 1200 new nowadays, beside the Raw codec ( that is nice on paper, but probably going to be unusable in production ), a a7rii will do everything else better. 

That camera should be priced between 1200-1500$ to be competitive.

Sigma should have made a native EF version of that camera ( they should have gone for EF as well for the Sigma sd Quattro ), because you need to spend and extra 250 to use common glass on it.

I don t see anyone jumping on the L-mount system just because of that camera.

1 hour ago, Laurier said:

uch money, you can get a a7rii for 1200 new nowadays, beside the Raw codec ( that is nice on paper, but probably going to be unusable in production ), a a7rii will do everything else better. 

hat camera should be priced between 1200-1500$ to be competitive.

Sigma should have made a native EF version of that camera ( they should have gone for EF as well for the Sigma sd Quattro ), because you need to spend and extra 250 to use common glass on it.

I don t see anyone jumping on the L-mount system just because of that camera.

Or L mount lenses...