Jump to content
Andrew Reid

Comprehensive Sigma Fp first impressions and interview - Cinema DNG RAW internal recording!

Recommended Posts

C'mon thephoenix, it's clear footage will come, but the article is surely a welcome update ?  The camera was seen and thoughts shared, then everything reported back here.  Of all the sites, I find this one the most integral.. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 hours ago, thephoenix said:

does it mean we have to say amen to every word you say or every feedback you give ?

because it sounds like it and that's a bit scary.

you think this camera is good ? none have seen a footage and from what i see from the specs it is far from beeing a revolution from my point of view.

It is quite reasonable to wait until a camera is actually finished before wanting to see the footage from it. In terms of the specs, full frame 12bit Cinema DNG RAW in a very small stills camera is a revolution as far as I'm concerned and you should be welcoming Sigma for the first time to the video market. Another innovative manufacturer has joined the area of imaging you are most interested in, and all you can do is moan about not having any footage yet from a pre-beta firmware version.

I put up with stupidity like this daily for 8 years. I am entitled to ask you to shut up. It's my forum. I also put up with almost daily hostile feelings from people who feel cross, one way or another. If you are complaining constantly it saps my energy and makes me want to do something else.

I don't get to control when the footage gets published, it is quite reasonable for a camera company to decide that, not me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

It is quite reasonable to wait until a camera is actually finished before wanting to see the footage from it. In terms of the specs, full frame 12bit Cinema DNG RAW in a very small stills camera is a revolution as far as I'm concerned and you should be welcoming Sigma for the first time to the video market. Another innovative manufacturer has joined the area of imaging you are most interested in, and all you can do is moan about not having any footage yet from a pre-beta firmware version.

I put up with stupidity like this daily for 8 years. I am entitled to ask you to shut up. It's my forum. I also put up with almost daily hostile feelings from people who feel cross, one way or another. If you are complaining constantly it saps my energy and makes me want to do something else.

I don't get to control when the footage gets published, it is quite reasonable for a camera company to decide that, not me.

 

i'm not questionning your article but your answer.

if you come to a point of saying to people "it's my forum" like a kid would say and thinking you are right to tell people to shut up because they don't share your point of view then maybe it's time to move on yes. same if you call them stupid for that. did i dare to call you stupid ??

you should take a step back and think about what you would think if someone would answer the same way to you on another place just because you didn't share his point of view. if these are the human values you stand for then i feel sorry for you.

i guess you're a bit worned out by these 8 years and this i can understand, the rest of your speach i just can't.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My answer is pretty simple, I was asked where the footage is, and I told you.

As for the rest of it, you'll only end up disagreeing with me if you spout idiotic comments on a daily basis.

Oops. Too bad for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Andrew Reid said:

My answer is pretty simple, I was asked where the footage is, and I told you.

As for the rest of it, you'll only end up disagreeing with me if you spout idiotic comments on a daily basis.

Oops. Too bad for you.

No you were not asked where the footage is. I fully understand that no one has footage outside of Sigma. I merely questioned your otherwise interesting article’s title. As I do not feel an article that claims to be “comprehensive” can be absent of the single most important aspect of any camera... the footage. Also no information of base ISO... or ISOs if it is dual?

It was a simple comment. It was not meant as a personal attack on anyone. And for the record, I’m pleased to see more players come into the video market, as I believe competition is a healthy thing and great for consumers.

Perhaps you will ban me for saying these things? I have noticed of late, that pretty much everything is tolerated by those claiming to be tolerant... unless what is presented is a difference of opinion. That’s where tolerance ends.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would say rolling shutter is pretty important. did they say anything about that? Also it looks like the heatsink is pretty accessible to outside air, could that mean that if you add external forced air cooling and power it could be cranked up a bit?

They could ditch internal recording to SD and just have 512GB NVME in there, and maybe external SD or similar "slot" to dump footage.

I spot a s16 1080 mode in there, give me c-mount adapter and good frame rate and it would be reeely neat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2019 at 5:50 PM, nathlas said:

One of main uses of Sigma FP is operating like a director's VF to mimic other large format (from APSC to FF even to LF?) cameras by using the  LVF-11

 

So could you imagine the confusion if the camera couldn't shoot by using the whole sensor area and crop finally ? 

 

 

I agree, but it may just do that in the H.264/5 ? 

Has there been a video camera that does a downsampled RAW yet ? The latest Nikon small NEF seems pretty good at preserving all the editability of RAW but it's still not quite as good as the full size file. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here we go again

On 9/22/2019 at 7:48 PM, DBounce said:

No you were not asked where the footage is. I fully understand that no one has footage outside of Sigma. I merely questioned your otherwise interesting article’s title. As I do not feel an article that claims to be “comprehensive” can be absent of the single most important aspect of any camera... the footage. Also no information of base ISO... or ISOs if it is dual?

It was a simple comment. It was not meant as a personal attack on anyone. And for the record, I’m pleased to see more players come into the video market, as I believe competition is a healthy thing and great for consumers.

Perhaps you will ban me for saying these things? I have noticed of late, that pretty much everything is tolerated by those claiming to be tolerant... unless what is presented is a difference of opinion. That’s where tolerance ends.

 

I am very tolerant. How else would an idiot like you still be a member of the EOSHD Forum after several years?

I very much feel a strong responsibility for the good contributors here and for my own sanity.

Forum membership shouldn't be a given, or a race to the bottom.

It is really a meritocracy - like whose edits get to remain on Wikipedia.

A knowledge-base like this one will drown under the weight of so much backchat, rude manners and stupidity, that I don't agree it should just be completely unmoderated.

It's not the same as a real life society, or a democracy.

If you don't contribute to the forum, then you should go. It's that simple.

When you run out of road or exhaust the patience of the other users, you should go.

So @thephoenix and @DBounce I think you should consider voluntarily going somewhere else.

Your days are numbered if you carry on here like you are doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think i do contribute, i think nobody has to complain about me except you. feel free to check my numbers has you have access to all the datas. obviously you didn't.

you just act like a cheap king on his small kingdom, your ego is really something. you're the kind of person that never admits he is wrong.

keep threatening members of beeing expelled because they do not agree with your threats just like i did and you'll end up with only a few active members.

i don't count so many active members on threads always the same 10 or 15 members, i guess that's enough for you being the king of a shrinking land.

sorry not beeing a member of the cult that worships you, i am not a religious guy what can i say...

you probably didn't even noticed people liked my answers to you when nobody liked yours... you should think about it, but obviously you can't.

i won't be missed anyway this i know, and i also know i don't give a damn of your threats, i can live without this "forum" just as well as it can live without me

this is you place, this is your kingdom, ok, keep threatening people like you did yesterday just for a simple sentence that wasn't that agressive if you think you're right.

source.gif

you're just a kid looking for fame and groupies that explains having "by andrew reid" everywhere here.

so ban me, it's the best thing you can do to prove me right.

in fact you're just losing it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ thephoenix, generally on a forum, surely a person should behave as if they are in the living room of the host, especially with a non-corporate site like this one ?  Where is any satire in your attached video since this seems the actual tone of the post anyway ?  I mostly see people helping each other, so am genuinely confused by this.   :confused:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Sid said:

@ thephoenix, generally on a forum, surely a person should behave as if they are in the living room of the host, especially with a non-corporate site like this one ?  Where is any satire in your attached video since this seems the actual tone of the post anyway ?  I mostly see people helping each other, so am genuinely confused by this.   :confused:

Does It mean you can't tell him he's wrong to threat  people of beeing banned just because someone made a remark that wasn't even dissrespectfull ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well

18 hours ago, Otago said:

I agree, but it may just do that in the H.264/5 ? 

Has there been a video camera that does a downsampled RAW yet ? The latest Nikon small NEF seems pretty good at preserving all the editability of RAW but it's still not quite as good as the full size file. 

I believe they will go to safer path and not mix record uses and file containers.

This could trouble and confuse users and possible customers and Sigma is not very famous for that 😄

 

On the contrary they are like BM, they love simplicity and Spartan way of use.

I love this .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When is this thing going to be released.

I'm more interested in action and sports.  It would be great if they had 4k+ modes at 50fps, and If they only could compress the raw frames into jpegs like Braw does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...