Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera gets raw!

Andrew Reid

• Administrators
Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera raw

Download firmware v1.5 from Blackmagic

Just a heads up (full post to follow when I've had some shooting time with it) - the eagerly awaited firmware update from Blackmagic Design which gives the Pocket Cinema Camera raw video has arrived. This will allow you to shoot 12bit Cinema DNG in full 1080p.

Blackmagic recommend the Sandisk Extreme Pro 64GB card for raw.

I am going to be using the LOMO anamorphic rig shown above, which is mounted via an OCT-18 adapter to the Pocket Camera.

I can highly recommend upgrading from Resolve 9 to Resolve 10. There's no reason to keep the old version. The new one is much better for editing Cinema DNG raw. You may also want to give the EOSHD Film LUT a go with Pocket Cinema Camera raw. It should give you an instantly appealing film-like look in Resolve 10 with no grading effort required.

Full article later in the week!Read the full article here

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Administrators

Doesn't the new version of Resolve cost $1000? Is it worth that (assuming you already have 9)?

If you already have 9, which came with a license dongle in the box of the Blackmagic Cinema Camera, the update to 10 is free.

The stand alone paid version of 10 is only useful for pros. You can do pretty much anything in the free 'Lite' version aside from render on multiple GPUs (SLI) and a few other things.

• 2 weeks later...