Introducing the EOSHD Film LUT (for 5D Mark III raw and Resolve 10)

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Just wanted to correct something I said previously about Canon raw not being supported in Resolve 10, looking at the exif metadata written to the DNGs by Magic Lantern everything is there including matrix just WB multipliers don't appear to be written correctly being all set to 1.

@jcs, thanks for info on dcraw libraw quality.

I thought that might be the case! Thanks jcs

How do you debayer pocket camera raw footage that comes in at 1080p?

np. I don't have a Pocket Camera: Resolve should work great with it (both BM products). Have an FS700 in addition to 5D3's: waiting to see more footage from Convergent Design Odyssey 7Q before considering doing RAW with the FS700. More interested in 4K RAW from FS700 to 1080p compressed 10/12-bit via 7Q: super high quality 1080p and manageable workflow. FS700 + 7Q 2K RAW supports continuous up to 240FPS slowmo: that's going to be a crazy amount of data to manage. If the ARRI Amira comes in closer to $20k- will probably sell the FS700 and skip the 7Q. The Amira does up to 200FPS, ProRes up to 444 12-bit, 14 clean stops, and no messing around with RAW: super-high quality in-camera de-Bayer and the best skin tones and highlight roll-off in the industry (same as the Alexa).

To make something like Koyanisquatsi which is basically a documentary told purely with images. A mixture of the art of photography and filmmmaking. Great sound track too, very important.

I can attest to that!  I saw that film in a small film-house in Denver, when it came out in 1982.  I've easily watched 3,000+ films since then. most forgotten, and yet I can remember watching that movie as if it was yesterday.  At the time,  documentaries were a fringe area, almost all ending up in H.S./College classrooms.  So there was Hollywood, and French cinema.  That was it.  So when that film was being made, with a no-name composer, they couldn't have expected that more than 10 people might watch it.  Again no Sundance, no film-festivals. NO video cameras!  Usable digital cameras were still a decade and a half away.  And yet that film is still fresh!  

On the debayer thing, Photivo has very good Amaze de-bayering and you can run it in batch more.  Though took me a while to figure out.  RAW Therapee has UI issues with large amounts of images.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here is a little video I made with the Ronin + 5D MKIII ML + EOSHD LUT. 

Thank you so much for making color correcting easy on me!

<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/108954693" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe> <p><a href="

">Magic Max</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/paulheran">Paul Heran</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>