What's the least bang for buck?

Anaconda_

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
3 hours ago, Jadesroom said:

The Sony RX100vii for $1200. Similar cameras sell for much cheaper and have as many, if not more, features.

I took one of these on a remote as a B cam and I couldn't be more impressed with it. Incredibly detailed with huge dynamic range and a great audio preamp. The autofocus undeniably the best in the price range. In well-lit scenarios it's better than or equal to some cameras up to ~$3000 (I'm looking at you, Canon), and when you factor in the portability and 24-200mm... Bottom line it helped me get shots I wouldn't have otherwise but blended in perfectly with the rest, and helped me deliver a much better product.

9 hours ago, Jadesroom said:

The Sony RX100vii for $1200. Similar cameras sell for much cheaper and have as many, if not more, features.

I can see both sides on this one. It provides a stellar image, but that really is a premium price tag for a bridge camera. That you can get the a6500 or the a6600 for close to the same price makes it seem like it's priced too high, though if you need that incredible slow mo it's a great pick. 

2 hours ago, newfoundmass said:

I can see both sides on this one. It provides a stellar image, but that really is a premium price tag for a bridge camera. That you can get the a6500 or the a6600 for close to the same price makes it seem like it's priced too high, though if you need that incredible slow mo it's a great pick. 

I see both sides as well.

The way I view cameras is as a combination of features or attributes, so any camera will be good in some situations / for some types of work, but bad in others.  If you happen to do work that the camera is good for then the camera may be a good value for you, but if it doesn't align to your requirements then it wouldn't be a good value.  People are critical of Canon cameras, but they provide a set of features and traits that are valuable enough to some people that they're worth the money and Canon makes a sale.

I maintain that the reason people get so critical of cameras or of the choices of others is that they don't realise that the other person or camera has a different set of priorities, and people underestimate how different we are to each other.  I find my GH5 to be a good fit for me because the weaknesses of the camera aren't high priorities for what I do, but if you have a high priority on AF then it won't be a good choice for you and acknowledging that means I don't need to get upset when someone chooses differently to me.