What's the least bang for buck?

Anaconda_

I think it's hard to find a 'bad' camera in any price point with so many amazing products at great value coming out. But that got me thinking, what gives the least value for money in any given price bracket?

Let's say

500 - 1000

1000 - 1500

1500 - 2000

2000 - 2500

2500 - 3000

And so on if you want.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I mean it's easy to crap on Canon but it's true. I'd have to say they'd take up most of the list. 

I'd also put the Panasonic G95 on there, as though it's a great camera it's a marginal upgrade over the G85 and you can get the G85 for so little now that there's not a lot of reasons to get the G95. Probably not a worse value than any of the Canons in that price range, but it was a disappointing release and I've heard almost nothing about it since release, which isn't a good sign given how popular the G85 ended up being. 

On 9/15/2019 at 3:26 AM, newfoundmass said:

I mean it's easy to crap on Canon but it's true. I'd have to say they'd take up most of the list. 

I'd also put the Panasonic G95 on there, as though it's a great camera it's a marginal upgrade over the G85 and you can get the G85 for so little now that there's not a lot of reasons to get the G95. Probably not a worse value than any of the Canons in that price range, but it was a disappointing release and I've heard almost nothing about it since release, which isn't a good sign given how popular the G85 ended up being. 

Agree here. Reviews for the G95 aren't great since the G85 is still a good buy

14 hours ago, Amazeballs said:

Agree about G95 and Canon. I would also add Olympus Em1X and Sony A6600. 

Same for the A6400?

For lenses, I think the PanaLeica 12mm f1.4. I can't see why a wide angle lens should be so expensive, and you won't use it a 1.4 that much.

Panasonic 10-25mm f1.7, I want to say is also not worth the price tag, just because I can't afford it.

For lights - Digital Sputnik voyager - expensive RGB lights that dont output much power

On 9/14/2019 at 11:13 AM, Anaconda_ said:

I think it's hard to find a 'bad' camera in any price point with so many amazing products at great value coming out. But that got me thinking, what gives the least value for money in any given price bracket?

Let's say

500 - 1000

1000 - 1500

1500 - 2000

2000 - 2500

2500 - 3000

And so on if you want.

Anything with the word "Leica" in its name :)

Least bang for your buck has to be Leica. That red dot adds a lot to the price for cameras that are typically a lower spec than some others much cheaper.

Doesn't stop me wanting a Leica however! 

Canon otherwise, especially the EOS R. Was a potential contender for me, both stills and video. It's neither and very disappointing spec wise. OK, not actually tried it, but on paper it doesn't meet my needs (far from it).

The enormous lump of Olympus EM1XXXXXXXXL or whatever it's called. If a camera has to be that big, I'm going to want a big sensor...

12 hours ago, TurboRat said:

Agree here. Reviews for the G95 aren't great since the G85 is still a good buy

Not to mention for a little more you can get the GH5! 

8 hours ago, kaylee said:

under $500 has gotta be potato

ive gotten good results from them before, but if you have the budget i would NOT recommend using one

You can get a Panasonic G7 for under $500 now. It arguably has a better image than the GH4! :) There are quite a few Panny cameras under the $500 range at this point that are excellent value! 

I'm trying really hard not to get one, because I don't need one, but that's how good a value those are! ?