The Mythical Organic Sensor

sanveer

The Panasonic Organic Sensor has been in the works for the longest. Apparently it's doing to make its debut at IBC (?). In the Matt Frazer interview he says it's not mainstream, and that that it will be rented (?). I am right now in bed and can't play the audio (and gave away both my headphones to someone).

Basically Panasonic is going to release this monster which is probably stuck at 60p for some curious reasons and that had way more dynamic range (between 14 and 20 stops?) than everything else around and the 8k videos (that it shoots at) have 4 × 1080p streams and the ability of real time editing of motion within these  individual 4k frames. We should probably know the complete feature set in a few hours. Also, curiously it has an EF mount (?). I think all this is true, Panasonic has truly something insane in the offing. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 hours ago, sanveer said:

Also, curiously it has an EF mount (?). I think all this is true, Panasonic has truly something insane in the offing.

Agreed.  If Panasonic uses an EF-mount once again (in spite of the fact that they already utilize the shallow and more versatile L-mount), that is truly something insane!

3 hours ago, Video Hummus said:

I think it’s a highly specialized proof of concept that they might use in the 2020 Olympics just to have a foot in the game.

Most likely won’t see mass production in a non-prototype camera.

Matt did say its non mass production (I am guessing it would cost 50-100k to buy one of these, IF not more). So while it could replace high end cameras apparently, its price would be prohibitive.