Blackmagic IBC Announcement

Anaconda_

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
13 minutes ago, thephoenix said:

resolve 17 when 16 is still beta, i doubt it but would be cool

16 is out of beta now. 16.1 is the version in beta currently.

Another thing on everyone’s mind is if the discounted prices that B&H mistakenly published for the UMPG2, P4K, & P6K today, will be announced as a temporary sale or permanent price drop in anticipation of something new in the line-up.

Ursa Broadcast receives Braw and pixel refresh in camera. Update in November.

P4k update due in a couple weeks.

Braw codec update to v1.5

BMD have created Premiere and AVID Braw plugin available now.

Video Assist uses 2x Sony NPF batteries - HDR, 12g SDI in and out, 2 x mini XLR HDMI in and out, 2 x SD cards or USBc, ProRes and DNX, lanc, locking power connector (screw in), 2500nit, full screen scopes with PIP and overlay

7 inch $995 available in October.

5 inch (1 SD slot, no XLR, smaller BNC but still 12g SDI, no lanc) $795 available in October.

Both models have Braw for other camera manufacturers, C300ii and EVA-1 supported but only with update to VA coming later this year. (free update)

These new recorders are HUGE, in my opinion. Black Magic Raw is perhaps the best codec currently available that isn't made by Red. Beautiful 12-bit raw footage that can actually take up less space than ProRes LT or All-I 10-bit H264. I have almost bought Black Magic cameras many times just for the codec, but I edit in Premiere and don't particularly love their cameras.

With today's update, I can continue to use the EVA-1 or C300 Mark II, record everything in the amazing BM Raw AND still edit in Premiere (though I should just switch to Da Vinci)! These recorders breathe some serious life back into cameras like the EVA-1 and C300II. 

Pretty amazing that Black Magic would do this. They are really working to get people into their full workflow and using some part of their tools. They will sell a lot of these recorders, probably at the expense of a few Ursas and Pockets, but they will have a lot more people in their ecosystem now.

Hats off, BMD. This is amazing. 

5 hours ago, currensheldon said:

These new recorders are HUGE, in my opinion. Black Magic Raw is perhaps the best codec currently available that isn't made by Red. Beautiful 12-bit raw footage that can actually take up less space than ProRes LT or All-I 10-bit H264. I have almost bought Black Magic cameras many times just for the codec, but I edit in Premiere and don't particularly love their cameras.

With today's update, I can continue to use the EVA-1 or C300 Mark II, record everything in the amazing BM Raw AND still edit in Premiere (though I should just switch to Da Vinci)! These recorders breathe some serious life back into cameras like the EVA-1 and C300II. 

Pretty amazing that Black Magic would do this. They are really working to get people into their full workflow and using some part of their tools. They will sell a lot of these recorders, probably at the expense of a few Ursas and Pockets, but they will have a lot more people in their ecosystem now.

Hats off, BMD. This is amazing. 

I think you are right. 4D Chess by BMD. Well done.