Highest possible resolution for continuous recording in 16:9

MattN.

Hello guys.

before I start with my actual issue, I wanted to thank you, Andrew, for your great site with loads of usefull articles on the ever surprising world of DSLR video. I'm an avid reader since almost 2 years and will continue to be so. Having watched some of your test videos I, in hindsight, even recall having seen you 'in the field' once on Berlin Museum Island ;).

Anyway, one of the most recent surprises in this world of DSLR video (although already half a year old) was RAW video. It went so far as (nearly) HD RAW can now be recorded continuously on my 'prehistoric' 5DM2 and given that the vintage Canon video codec is so crappy, this is actually an improvement in image detail even if it hasn't reached FullHD (and never will) in RAW.

I am, yet, still reluctant to devote a whole project to my magic-lanterned 5DM2 in RAW as I have not yet purchased a fast enough card and only experimented with short clips from it. Yet i got infected with the RAW virus earlier this year after working with a BMCC. My questions/concerns regarding my Canon camera are the following two: 1. Has anyone in here shot a whole project (short, commercial, music video, probably even parts of a feature?!?!) totally relying on a 5DM2's RAW mode and 2. what is the highest resolution in which I can record in 16:9 continuously? As I predominantly want to film for the internet, this is the aspect ratio to go for me, yet I'm still lacking the neccessary UDMA7 CF-Card to try out myself. Of course I carefully studied [url=http://nofilmschool.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Magic-Lantern-raw-chart-7-4-13.jpg]this chart[/url], but it's actually not saying anything explicit on continuous recording in 16:9 aspect ratio.

Would be nice to hear some experiences from people who have shot on the fastest possible cards.

Greets,

Matthias

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Check de updated chart: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgQ2MOkAZTFHdFFIcFp1d0R5TzVPTVJXOEVyUndteGc#gid=5

Continuous 1856x1004 is possible. Works for me on a Komputerbay 64GB 1000x card.

So there is a mere 64 lines between me and continuous 14-Bit RAW in HD? That is VERY promissing. Where can I find that built? And did you test it in the field, shot some projects only relying on it or had any difficulties while using it extensively on a shoot with another major camera? I am actually baffled by the new chart. And that it works on the much cheaper Komputerbay cards, too, of which I could easily afford a couple of 128 GB. How many minutes can you record uninterrupted? Does it simply create a new file after hitting the 4GB limit, that you can merge afterwards with the previous one with no dropped frames? Can I shoot like 20 Minutes in one take this way?!?

Don't want to seem greedy, but that is awesome news already, I just hope it gets all the sweeter ;).

Greetz,

Matt