Fujifilm X-A7

androidlad

pic_01.jpg

https://www.fujifilm.com/news/n190912_01.html

Notable features:

New 24MP Bayer sensor, IMX271: https://www.sony-semicon.co.jp/products_en/IS/sensor2/img/products/IMX271AQR_Flyer.pdf

4K 30P supersampled from 6K.

3.5" 1280 x 720 1000nit fully articulated touch screen.

Full sensor high speed phase-detection AF, faster and more precise than X-T3/X-T30!

There will be firmware updates for X-T3/X-T30 to further refine their AF algorithm, among other features and fixes.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 minute ago, IronFilm said:

As an X-A3 owner I welcome the price drops on the X-A5 caused by the announcement of the X-A7, as that is what I'll get next once I lose my X-A3 

Are you ok with the operational speed? I thought that the X-A models always felt sluggish, nowhere near the higher end models. It seems, the X-A7 fixes this now. 

This looks like the perfect solution for someone like me who would like to shoot some vlogs and match footage shot with an x-t3. I notice that it's will have a 2.5mm microphone jack with a supplied 3.5mm adapter. Does that setup cause any noticeable loss of sound quality?

38 minutes ago, frontfocus said:

Are you ok with the operational speed? I thought that the X-A models always felt sluggish, nowhere near the higher end models. It seems, the X-A7 fixes this now. 

Meh, I just use it as my "drinking camera", the only sluggishness with operation here is coming from the drunk operator....

12 minutes ago, Jadesroom said:

I notice that it's will have a 2.5mm microphone jack with a supplied 3.5mm adapter. Does that setup cause any noticeable loss of sound quality?

Nope, it shouldn't. 
(other than adding in another point of failure that is)

Previous XA's had terrible 1080p. Do we know if it's any good this time?

I'm really sold on the large bright screen. I hope their implementation of traditional DSLR controls (PSAM, control shutter and aperture with dials) is good. I also like the fact they're using a traditional sensor. X-trans raw files take up more space and are a little slower to load. 

• 3 weeks later...