iPhone 11 Pro can record on multiple cameras simultaneously

Shell64

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
4 minutes ago, Xavier Plágaro Mussard said:

It's a phone, not a camera ?

It's a calculator... It's a pager... it's a word processor... What really is a smartphone? It's a computer with a bunch of sensors and transceivers attached to it. They are whatever the software dictates they are. One day the major camera manufacturers are going to catch on to this fact, and then we can start to reap the benefits of computational photography on a real camera.

14 hours ago, hoodlum said:

The telephoto camera all have smaller sensors, no OIS in some cases and slower aperture lenses than the wide lens on the iphone.  This applies to all android phones as well.  What this means is that you need to shoot at higher shutter speeds and that combined with the smaller sensor introduces a lot more noise (especially in low light), almost negating the benefit of telephoto lens due to heaver Noise Reduction.  I still question the benefit of these telephoto lenses although at least the new iphone's telephoto camera now has a faster lens.

All 3 cameras in the iPhone 11 Pro have OIS. 

Maybe the next EOSHD camera challenge should be:

Make a video with your smartphone (have a list of approved phones; several generations of android and iPhone). For example, no models lower than an iPhone 7. Make it as cinematic as possible.

Make another video with the camera you own with a cap of nothing more expensive than say $2500.

Don’t tell people what the videos where filmed on then ask them to guess: phone or DSLR?

Have a vote ranking for each. Not sure what the prizes should be.

12 hours ago, DBounce said:

Pretty sure I saw a picturing showing they filmed some of these promos with a wonkier cinema lens setup hooked up to an iPhone and said it was filmed on an iPhone. ?

11 minutes ago, Video Hummus said:

Pretty sure I saw a picturing showing they filmed some of these promos with a won’t cinema lens setup hooked up to an iPhone and said it was filmed on an iPhone. ?

That dosen't change the fact that it was shot on an iPhone. Many here buy great bodies and use with less than  equal lenses, but the smarter buy might be to do the opposite.

34 minutes ago, DBounce said:

That dosen't change the fact that it was shot on an iPhone. Many here buy great bodies and use with less than  equal lenses, but the smarter buy might be to do the opposite.

Sure. But I won’t walk out of a Apple store and film what I saw in some of the promos. It’s a bit of a misrepresentation.

I know it sells phones but I would think people would be more interested in how well it can film their kids or their dog in the heat of the moment.

2 hours ago, thefactory said:

Pretty sure filmic will let you record 2 cameras at the same time. You can switch between 4 though. 

Exactly. It shows 4 screens including the selfie camera. And then you have the option of choosing 2 for recording the video on. 

iPhone events add too much of hype. That's their raison d'être I guess. Each time they have a smartphone, they make it seem like the Alexa or Medium format has become redundant. 

1 hour ago, Emanuel said:

Android offers higher resolution sensor technology based for mobile capture though, so seems Android for stills, iPhone 11 for video in this late 2010s to early 2020s (E : -)

It will have a new 24mp mode that they are calling Deep Fusion. I am curious what sensor Apple is using as they could be using a 48mp sensor that they then downscale to 24mp after merging the images. 

On 9/15/2019 at 4:31 PM, toxotis70 said:

android phones cannot record even a single stream 4k 60p without time limits-overheating...2 are impossible for a long time  !

https://***URL removed***/news/9532625734/apple-iphone-multiple-camera-recording-will-be-available-on-2018-flagship-devices

Read it and weep, fanboy. Looks like Apple is also omitting crucial information (although, the new generation should be less limited).

Edit: Apparently, you can record front and rear cameras at the same time on Android for 3 years now: https://smartfilming.blog/2018/04/17/12-recording-video-with-both-front-and-rear-cameras-simultaneously-on-android/