iPhone 11 Pro can record on multiple cameras simultaneously

Shell64

https://9to5mac.com/2019/09/10/iphone-pro-11-pro-max-triple-camera/

It turns out that the iPhone 11 can record on multiple cameras at once in filmic pro. For example you could shoot with both a telephoto and ultra wide and switch between them in post easily. 

Sadly there still isn’t any utilization of the multiple cameras to achieve a shallow depth of field in video. Cool nonetheless. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

whats the quality from the new 11 like ?

a quick google reckons that the ten isnt king of the hill anymore. how true that is i dont know. However when the contract is up on my current phone i'll be looking for something that is pretty respectable camera and video wise.

This is neat and impressive, but the real important feature is the fact that all camera modules feature the same capabilities, while most Android phones limit recording resolution etc. on the additional camera modules.

However, the square camera bump is non-excusable. There are so many better designs that are possible.

9 hours ago, Shell64 said:

https://9to5mac.com/2019/09/10/iphone-pro-11-pro-max-triple-camera/

It turns out that the iPhone 11 can record on multiple cameras at once in filmic pro. For example you could shoot with both a telephoto and ultra wide and switch between them in post easily. 

Sadly there still isn’t any utilization of the multiple cameras to achieve a shallow depth of field in video. Cool nonetheless. 

Can it record on all cameras at 4k, or 3-4 cameras at 1080p each? 

I am curious how the 3 cameras work on the new phones. 

I have the XS and the telephoto is only SLIGHTLY sharper than taking a wide shot and zooming in. I assume this is because the wider lens uses more of the sensor? Or are these using separate sensors all together?

The processing done on the new phones is also really really harsh. Lots of noise reduction and smoothing going on. I find the camera is most usable if you download a third party apps to control exposure. 

4 hours ago, BenEricson said:

I am curious how the 3 cameras work on the new phones. 

I have the XS and the telephoto is only SLIGHTLY sharper than taking a wide shot and zooming in. I assume this is because the wider lens uses more of the sensor? Or are these using separate sensors all together?

The processing done on the new phones is also really really harsh. Lots of noise reduction and smoothing going on. I find the camera is most usable if you download a third party apps to control exposure. 

The telephoto camera all have smaller sensors, no OIS in some cases and slower aperture lenses than the wide lens on the iphone.  This applies to all android phones as well.  What this means is that you need to shoot at higher shutter speeds and that combined with the smaller sensor introduces a lot more noise (especially in low light), almost negating the benefit of telephoto lens due to heaver Noise Reduction.  I still question the benefit of these telephoto lenses although at least the new iphone's telephoto camera now has a faster lens.

18 minutes ago, Xavier Plágaro Mussard said:

Is it Netflix approved?? ?

Nice thing is they kept sensors low resolution. I don't want my phone to make 25Mb JPGs. 

So, is it true that iPhones don't have EIS in 4K? Something like 16mpx or even a Quad Bayer sensor would be very useful in this regard. OIS is not all powerful.