Sony 6K Full Frame PXW-FX9/FX6 Leak

androidlad

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
15 minutes ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

Seeing as the FX9 is $10,000, I am hoping the FX6 will be more around 5,000. 

That said I am expecting it to be gimped at 4k 30p internal. 

I doubt the FX6 will be worth looking at. It'll record in XAVC-L and 60p will be 8bit. Quickly dethroned by an EVA2 like the FS5 was with the EVA1. 

I'm curious what Panasonic will do with an EVA 2.  If they sort out their AF they will be very hard to beat.

24 minutes ago, Oliver Daniel said:

I doubt the FX6 will be worth looking at. It'll record in XAVC-L and 60p will be 8bit. Quickly dethroned by an EVA2 like the FS5 was with the EVA1. 

I'm curious what Panasonic will do with an EVA 2.  If they sort out their AF they will be very hard to beat.

I doubt they will sort out their auto focus. 4K 60p 8 bit ain't bad though, The Ninja V isn't too expensive to unlock the 10 bit 

2 hours ago, Oliver Daniel said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see an EVA-2 by NAB 2020. 

I think the EVA-2 will be very much like the EVA-1, but without the use of a recorder for all possible codecs and some other updates. So something like:
- Super35 sensor
- 5.7k or 6k at 30p internal in H265 
- DCI 4K in same codecs - 10 bit All-I 422. I bet they'll add 4k 120fps, maybe in burst mode. 
- Raw to an external recorder (hopefully in 12-bit and not 10-bit like the EVA-1). 
- L-Mount - I think they have to go this route because lenses is where you make the real dough and to get people into the L-Mount and S1H ecosystem. A unified mount is great for lens purchasing.
- Some form of AF - but probably the same as the S1(H) series, which would still be pretty great compared to the EVA-1 now (no AF).

I would love pretty much the S1H in a slightly more slimmed down version of the EVA-1, but I have a feeling they'll save their full-frame camera and internal raw for the Varicam LT Mark II and price it in that $15k range. But a full-frame sensor would be awesssommmeeeee. 

And then I hope for some other small changes:
- Better audio control
- A usable screen, more like the C200/500s
- Get rid of the weird ISO/WB knob
- Slightly more compact - like FS5 size. 

7 hours ago, Laurier said:

I found that video not very impressive to sell a 10k camera , it could have been shoot a A7iii, the colors and the DR look very similar from what I got from the A7iii I had.

Since I switched to a ursa G2 I realized that sony not only have issue with colors, but also with contrast, the skin color range have a lot more of contrast on sony camera, that create a harsh impression of sharpness and make the structures of the facial features more visible, that rarely faltering to anyone.

I get the trend/push for full frame, I like the look, but in restricted professional use it is more of an issue than a bonus, It s much harder to keep things in focus, you need to close more your aperture, so then you either need more light or push your iso....the autofocus will help in some case but still, when it jump focus your take is ruined, I found a subject going slightly in and out of focus less disturbing than a jumpy autofocus.

I find those mid-range full frame pro camera odd, for super high end production why not ( but then you go for a venice/C700/Alexa LF) but for a small crew I have more doubts.

Honestly, I think the Canon C500 Mk2 is a better choice.  Great AF, Anamorphic support, similar DR, better highlight roll off, smaller, larger LCD, touch screen, switchable lens mounts. Barring some crazy breakthrough... which I'm always good with,  one will find it's way into my waiting arms. 

2 hours ago, Video Hummus said:

I think focus pullers are crapping their pants.

A few more generations and we will have advanced tracking of multiple subjects with focus pulls and continuous AF all with a touch of a button. 

AF and colors look really good. The Sony fanboy in me can't help but drool. 

51 minutes ago, Mako Sports said:

AF and colors look really good. The Sony fanboy in me can't help but drool. 

I get folks being disappointed by the some of the specs for the cost - but that autofocus is insane and the colors are finally great. Now...if we can get that color profile and that video autofocus in an A7s, if would be a dream come true for many of us

30 minutes ago, crevice said:

I get folks being disappointed by the some of the specs for the cost - but that autofocus is insane and the colors are finally great. Now...if we can get that color profile and that video autofocus in an A7s, if would be a dream come true for many of us

exactly, or at least in the FX6.

One thing Sony has on everyone is a single mount from high end cinema all the way down to the mirrorless photography bodies.

Not sure why I’ve seen a lot of people saying they are underwhelmed by the FX9, I think they expect too much. 

Having used Sony for years like the FS700, FS7, FS5.... the FX9 has made a lot of significant improvements. The colours and PDAF is huge. It will do really well. 

As an EVA1 owner, I’m super curious to see what Panasonic have up their sleeve next....I’m really hoping they have a trick up their sleeve with new AF technology (they must be holding out for a reason) and that we get 4K120fps (I think the GH6 will have it in H265). I’d predict we see a new generation of AF in the GH6 first. 

9 hours ago, Video Hummus said:

I think focus pullers are crapping their pants.

A few more generations and we will have advanced tracking of multiple subjects with focus pulls and continuous AF all with a touch of a button. 

(focus puller here)

I originally only saw a snippet of this video and it was the part with the dancing girl. Can't remember where it was posted but I didn't realize it was AF and my first thought was "they missed critical focus most of the time, and that's terrible PR for a full frame camera because plenty of people will say it's just too hard to focus".

Knowing it was actually AF is pretty cool and definitely shows the tech is capable in some scenarios. However - they need lenses that can perform in pro scenarios too. The focus breathing on a lot of those samples was horrendous, it's like watching a music video where they're doing punch-ins in post. A manual focus puller would've been more selective in their movements and avoided a lot of that background wiggling due to constantly hunting AF. Part of good focus pulling is understanding when it is acceptable to let focus slip a little for the greater benefit (eg on subjects in motion you can let them go out of focus a bit because motion blur is making them soft anyway, as long as you hit focus on the next mark when they stop).

So yes, the tech is pretty awesome and will come in handy, but no, focus pullers are not crapping their pants.

Yes I think this camera will do well, it seems to be compared with the c500mk2, but if you don't need raw and 6k (not many people do) the fx9 is a much cheaper proposition with great colour and AF, vari nd, a loupe, new lenses with proper manual and AF functions coming soon, e-mount which can handle pretty much any lens, and will most likely match perfectly with the fs7 which dominates much of the mid range sector. I think it will sell well. As will the c500mk2 for those who need raw.

Downloaded the mxf file from Philip Blooms blog and the footage looks great SOOC and you can get a really nice look with just a basic correction(wb, contrast etc). It's pretty close to the Venice, which is being used for more and more projects these days. Can't wait to see the 16bit raw out of this thing.

Anyone seen any info if it can shoot ProRes with the xdca back like the fs7?