Sony 6K Full Frame PXW-FX9/FX6 Leak

androidlad

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Wow. If Sony can fix their general image/color issues, these could be huge. Either way, they'll sell really well, especially a full-frame Sony FX6 - craziness. These two cameras might be Sonys return back to the top of the specifications and feature list for the best price. Surely FX9 will be much cheaper than the Canon C500II (I'm guessing $10-12k) and the FS5 will come in right around the C200/EVA-1 launch price ($7kish).

4 hours ago, currensheldon said:

Wow. If Sony can fix their general image/color issues, these could be huge. Either way, they'll sell really well, especially a full-frame Sony FX6 - craziness. These two cameras might be Sonys return back to the top of the specifications and feature list for the best price. Surely FX9 will be much cheaper than the Canon C500II (I'm guessing $10-12k) and the FS5 will come in right around the C200/EVA-1 launch price ($7kish).

Well, if the price is around $10-12, it is game over for 99% of people in this forum....I don't understand why Sony can only produce good skin tones in expensive cameras, we need it in every camera, no matter the price.

13 minutes ago, hijodeibn said:

Well, if the price is around $10-12, it is game over for 99% of people in this forum....I don't understand why Sony can only produce good skin tones in expensive cameras, we need it in every camera, no matter the price.

all of the latest Sony bodies have significantly better looking skin, not just the Venice. (RX100mk6 and Mk7, FS5mkii, A7iii, Riii - R4, RXOmkii etc) 

5 hours ago, hijodeibn said:

Starting with the A7III they have all had significantly better colour. 

The FF cine cams with a9 AF is interesting. Someone above me said the a7s3 is dead. I've always felt there's no way Sony allows it to be the S1h equivalent and gimps it in some frustrating ways to not step into FS territory. Perhaps the pro division getting Alpha's most sophisticated AF means good things for the a7s3? Maybe they introduce a real cine hybrid body? Or maybe they've decided fuck it, others like Panasonic can have the smaller margins with a small volume camera at $4k, we'll sell the same number of $8k (FX6) & $12k (FX9) cameras anyway to our large user base of FS shooters and to those buying Canon's for DPAF. Presumably there's still going to be AF versions of the FS5/7 coming in mk3 versions, especially with the new 16-55/2.8 finally offering a fast standard zoom. 

Chris

2 hours ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

This is great news honestly. I wouldn’t even care about Canons shitty SLR lineup if their cine cams were more affordable and well featured

Well... the C500 is pretty well featured and pretty affordable for what you get. Look at any reality show or documentary show on Discovery channel and they’re all using a C300 Mark II. These two new Sony cameras will have the same price tag as the C500ii and C300ii or if they’re cheaper... it will be a minuscule difference.

I wonder if they’re going forward with the FS line and will they discontinue the current models or price reduce them.

5 hours ago, mercer said:

Well... the C500 is pretty well featured and pretty affordable for what you get. Look at any reality show or documentary show on Discovery channel and they’re all using a C300 Mark II. These two new Sony cameras will have the same price tag as the C500ii and C300ii or if they’re cheaper... it will be a minuscule difference.

I wonder if they’re going forward with the FS line and will they discontinue the current models or price reduce them.

I can tell you now that Cinema EOS would be my first choice for documentary or narrative film. Loved using them on some jobs. 

They really do need to provide a better ecosystem, the lower range needs attention. And better HFR please. Then I’m a Canon. 

5 hours ago, mercer said:

I think they might keep them as even though FF is the future, s35 is still the most used for high end video.

For some reason I feel sony wont have somthing to match the c500mkii unless the f5 gets updated

13 hours ago, mercer said:

The big advantage to Sony would be the new model will have their latest AF tech which is really good. Also speedboosters 

well dammnnnnn!!!

That will lead to big price falls of secondhand FS7 cameras, which will tempt me once again to buy them!

On 9/6/2019 at 12:27 PM, currensheldon said:

Wow. If Sony can fix their general image/color issues, these could be huge. Either way, they'll sell really well, especially a full-frame Sony FX6 - craziness. These two cameras might be Sonys return back to the top of the specifications and feature list for the best price.

Sony is still there, and has been for a long time, the FS7 just can't be beat. 

But smart of Sony to bring out the next gen now before the FS7 truly becomes far too long in the tooth and gets finally overtaken. 

On 9/6/2019 at 11:02 PM, Trek of Joy said:

Presumably there's still going to be AF versions of the FS5/7 coming in mk3 versions, especially with the new 16-55/2.8 finally offering a fast standard zoom. 

That is an interesting and logical theory. 

The FF cinema cameras won't be the end of the S35 cameras from Sony, they'll likely launch a FS7mk3 with a S35 sensor at an affordable price? One can only hope! (if you're a S35 fan)

14 hours ago, Mako Sports said:

For some reason I feel sony wont have somthing to match the c500mkii unless the f5 gets updated

On the high end VENICE will smash the C500mk2, and on the budget end the FS7mk3 / FX9 will dominate instead of Canon.

C500mk2 will find itself squeezed in between those two options, with no room left to breath.