Nikon Z6 To Get Internal Raw

DBounce

20 hours ago, DBounce said:

It seems that Sandisk is showing off their new CFExpress memory cards with emphasis on raw video. In their prom they clearly show the back of a Nikon Z6 in which they insert their new CFExpress card. So for those that hate external raw capture, Nikon has you covered.

Well the video clearly shows that it's the Nikon Z6, not even hiding it. Really hope they deliver on it internally,  but I am not holding my breath for it. Nikon has had to many missteps for me to believe this until it's in the camera. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
7 hours ago, DBounce said:

Nikon had mentioned internal raw coming after adding CFExpress support, so this doesn't surprise me. I'll be curious to see what the footage looks like. Internal raw for a hybrid that is usable for daily use,  without the need for rigging would be a huge breakthrough. Should a Sony A7S3 eventually be released I seriously doubt it will have internal raw. Nikon might be stealing everyone's thunder. 

People are crazy, in 1-2 month when they bring out the update and there is no internal Raw, many will come here and say how they did not win an Oscar because Nikon did not put internal Raw in the Z6. One thing I would recommend anyone, you can get a refurbish z6 for 1350 USD. Just add an atomos Ninja 5 to that and for barely 2k, you are getting a full frame 4k camera, that does not have some of the best ergonomics but also out of the box color and video autofocus (forgot IBIS). The Ninja, will give you a ton of other features that make it so much more than just a recorder with a plethora of Focus and exposure tool.

Now until Nikon comes out with the price of the RAW upgrade, I cannot be sure on the RAW camera cost. If we speculate it is between 200- 500, you might get a full features FF raw video camera for less than 2.5k. If someone told me that we would have such a camera one year ago, I would have called him crazy. But you will have a bunch here that will always be complaining. If ever that internal RAW comes along as speculated on this thread, it will be in an uncompressed form, good luck working with these gigantic files beyond the cat footage and wife driving car.