No A7S3 for you my friend ​?​?​​​​​​​?

Amazeballs

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
18 hours ago, Amazeballs said:

In recent rumors on a popular site you can hear that the camera which will be announced in September is A9II. S7S2 is already 4 years old. So.. I guess that leaves some nice opportunities for Panasonic, Fuji and Blackmagic. S1H is already out and seems like will be without any competition for a while.. and GH6 is around the corner (at least lets hope so). 

Something tells me that Sony is obsessed with idea of keeping its camera body same size and weight as the rest of A7 lineup which makes producing a proper A7S3 a challenge.

No, the reason is more likely they want to implement 4k60, and for that they need a new processor. That is probably what is delaying it. 

I think they had two options originally, a version based on the same tech as the a7RIV and a6600 which was to have been released in mid to late 2018, and a more advanced version based on a new processor, likely intended for 2020 or 2021. When it became apparent that Panasonic and others were going to be using 4K60 at about the same time the first camera was planned for, the first camera was scrapped and they have been rushing the second one.

I think there is a lot of potential to 'merge' the A7s series and the A9 series. People basically want the same thing - high frame rates, not so many pixels. The stacked sensor supports silent shooting without rolling shutter or video without rolling shutter (potentially). Both sports photographers and video enthusiasts like/accept a bigger body (with sports photography it better balances the huge lenses.) So the A9ii launch might be interesting.

If you visit this link:

https://www.sony.com/electronics/interchangeable-lens-cameras/ilce-7sm2

and change the last bit of the URL "ilce-7sm2" to "ilce-7sm3", it redirects to a specific page. But it you change it to anything else, including "ilce-7sm4", it just displays a generic 404 page. Suggesting that "ilce-7sm3" URL is already reserved.

59 minutes ago, Robert Collins said:

I think there is a lot of potential to 'merge' the A7s series and the A9 series.

There is absolutely none possibility to merge A7s and A9 series.

First aims at video centric clients and second aims at professionals . Especially when Sony doesn't have a DSLR flagship like Eos1D they will insist on those models.

11 minutes ago, nathlas said:

First aims at video centric clients and second aims at professionals . Especially when Sony doesn't have a DSLR flagship like Eos1D they will insist on those models.

Uhh... The A9 is Sony's flagship. It literally competes against the 1dx, which, coincidentally, had the best 4k in Cannons lineup. The video features in the a7s didn't limit the photography (excluding the low mp count.) So there's no reason, based on Sony's current cameras, to think that the A9II won't be able to do everything the a7s III could do. 

5 hours ago, nathlas said:

That "aims at video" was all about low resolution. But they can't stick to 12MP anymore. 

1 hour ago, nathlas said:

High fps that are A9 trademark is a hard spec to merge with high quality video hybrid camera.

I dont see why inherently - afterall a video camera is essentially a 'high fps' 'stills camera'.

The existing A9 shoots approximately '6k' 'stills' in 14 bit raw at 20 fps - which doesnt seem that far from a 'high quality' video camera and the stacked sensor is a bonus....