Music you love...

Emanuel

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Everything from Irish folk to anime intros xD Anything with passion doing their thing with something to say :)

so that excludes basically everything mainstream where songs are written by someone else using the same sound/beat library as everyone else and processing the poor fame craving younglings' voices to bits because they can't sing.

7 hours ago, kaylee said:

i dont even like metallic but im obsessed w this cover rn

its a rendition of an old irish folk song i think

Correct, the song dates back at least to the 17th century (more likely the 16th) and the writer is unknown. It's one of the most performed songs, not just Irish folk singers/bands, but also rock, metal and punk and all have slightly different lyrics. Molly is sometimes called Jenny for instance.

Thin Lizzy made it popular back in the 70s with their rock cover and basically started the whole thing of combining Irish tunes with rock which sparkled The Pogues and the creation of celtic punk which lated led to Flogging Molly and Dropkick Murphys.

7 hours ago, Ingerson said:

Correct, the song dates back at least to the 17th century (more likely the 16th) and the writer is unknown. It's one of the most performed songs, not just Irish folk singers/bands, but also rock, metal and punk and all have slightly different lyrics. Molly is sometimes called Jenny for instance.

Thin Lizzy made it popular back in the 70s with their rock cover and basically started the whole thing of combining Irish tunes with rock which sparkled The Pogues and the creation of celtic punk which lated led to Flogging Molly and Dropkick Murphys.

that is hella fascinating, thank you!!!!

• Super Members
On 9/4/2019 at 4:01 AM, kaylee said:

always natalie

My love for that song was greatly diminished when I had it on the car and my brother thought it was about this particular brand of confectionary that I'm not sure you have in the US.

caramac_11.png.dd2ed9e7c5c3fac7db695f3d9af36f9a.png

He claimed I needed to get a better car sound system and I claimed he needed to get a better education.

I hope I haven't ruined it for you and that, unlike me, you will still be able to listen to it without hearing "Hey Jack Caramac"

Music is very personal to the writer and the listener for different reasons, and for me, this song can never be beaten. 

The whole album is fantastic and I urge anyone who hasn't heard it to give it a go at least once.

EDIT: they also soundtracked the 1929 film 'Man With a Movie Camera' and that's a great album too, especially if you can find it synced to the film.

• 4 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Snowfun said:

No matter what I sit down to listen to I always seem to end up listening to Green Day or the Pistols.

Might be via Aida or Cash or Dylan or YT videos of the Barmy Army... but it’ll end in the same place. 

AH melancholy... for me at the moment its been martika,  toy soldiers. It plays on my mind alot, so much so that i even have a rough draft for a video.  I have to flesh it out abit more and build a set. Ironfilms will get a giggle out of this, but i was inspired by dave dobbyns loyal video in which the whole thing is one take. Not sure how many videos are one take but considering that it was made in 1988, it made an impression i guess... 

@leslie ykno....

i haveta laugh bc i had an imaginary career as a music video director in my head for years ?

the way that my director brain works is HEAVILY influenced by music... coming to terms w licensing fees and so on has been my struggle ?

and!! im shooting my next short in ONE take!!! yes!!! one continuous 2 min take. hard... but easy?? saves a LOT of time in the edit...! ???