Color Grading Practice

Mako Sports

Having some fun with 2 old cameras... When i'm in the offseason (I shoot sports) I like to shoot random things around the house and practice shooting, lighting, and sometimes grading to keep my skills in check.

I spent half an hour shooting this and around an hour and a half editing to make this little 50 second edit. Anyone else do this regularly as well? If so post a video. 

Video Notes: 

Shot in 4K 24fps: Cine 2 - Cinema Color Space

Exposed bright white to 80 IRE. Camera and lens were lit with 2 led panels at separate color temperatures. (Cold key and warm fill)

Used a vintage Olympus 50mm F1.8 with a SmallHD 701 for framing, focus, and Waveform monitor for exposure. 

Corrected and Graded in Davinci Resolve 16.1 Studio (Beta) with a double node Lut workflow. 

Last but not least, the shots of the A6300 were done with the FS5 in the same color profile. All 8bit 4.2.0 ofc 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Good stuff!  We film when the thing is really happening and we don't get a second chance, so practicing when it doesn't matter makes sense.

I don't, but I do camera tests and experiments which is something.  I should do more.

I've been thinking about starting a side-project (explained in the "The D-Mount project" thread) and part of that is to learn and fine-tune (ha ha) my skills.