Sony a6100 and a6600 Announcement

androidlad

3 minutes ago, newfoundmass said:

Things move at such a rapid pace in the camera industry, the A7iii launch seems forever ago. 

I don't think it's completely fair to call them the new Canon since they're not really crippling the camera by removing features, at least not to the extent Canon has, but it's quite concerning that they're releasing new cameras without much improvement to rolling shutter (which has always been a huge issue), image stabilization, ergonomics, bit rate, etc. all while re-using old sensors. 

You don't need to revolutionize with every release but there should be far more improvements than just a better battery and a headphone jack. 

Thank you for the calm, thought-out response. That makes sense. It definitely seems expensive compared to other options.

Don't get me wrong, 10 bit and 4K60 would make me happy, but you'd think Sony decided to make the camera bodies out of asbestos the way people are reacting ?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, Andrew Reid said:

What was to stop Sony using their own Fuji X-T3 sensor in the A6600 and at least make it compete?

Or was the sensor a Samsung part after all?

Is Sony really telling APS-C users in 2019 that they don't quite have the technology to do 4K/60p or reduced rolling shutter on a crop sensor? No 10bit?

Honestly buying a 2016 cam in 2019 just seems a bit of a waste of time.

Sony Professional Video division negotiated with Sony Alpha to reserve IMX571 for its future pro camcorder products.

Funny, companies putting out new camera models, me going reverse and wanting to buy the older cams. Saw some footage from the A6000 a friend of mine did, because he did´t like the handling of the GH5:), lovely image, camera is pretty cheap now. I think it even got a 50mbit codec with a firmware update.