IBC 2019 Amsterdam show

nathlas

It seems this autumn we will have a 6k battleground in IBC.

Sony FS7II   6k

Sony A7S3 maybe...6k?

Canon C500II 6k

Blackmagic BMPCC 6k

RED Komodo 6k

Panasonic S1H 6k

Z-Cam E2-F6 

Z-Cam E2-F8

i LOVE THIS WORLD (and hate it same time)?

More Full frame cameras will appear after Alexa mini LF and Venice like C500II and new entry for low budget Sigma FP.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members
45 minutes ago, Cinegain said:

I'm trying to see if I can attend the last day. Anyone ever been?

I've been there variously as an exhibitor, journalist and a visitor on and off for the past 20 odd years.

Its never exactly been a riveting experience in any of those capacities to be honest.

If you can get there for the day and don't have to deal with the eye watering hotel prices in Amsterdam for the duration its on then its just about worth visiting but unless you're into broadcast/transmission stuff there's probably not enough to really justify doing two days there.

I'll be going again this year though obviously :) 

Hum, wouldn't have to miss out on much if I can't quite make it that sounds like, thanks. I just pre-registered as visitor a little while ago now that I moved back to NL and it would be just around the corner (really think attending NAB would be dope one day; Photokina was always on my mind, but never got myself to actually go - atleast this one seemed feasible). Just, at the time I didn't know I'd have to be abroad for the majority of it. Nor did I have a real idea of what I'd be going to tbh. Just saw the Andy Serkis namedropping. Apparently they also have some eSport thingamajig going on. We'll see.

• Super Members
14 minutes ago, Cinegain said:

Hum, wouldn't have to miss out on much if I can't quite make it that sounds like, thanks. I just pre-registered as visitor a little while ago now that I moved back to NL and it would be just around the corner 

I think if you are in the area then there should certainly be enough to keep you amused for a day, particularly if you go and watch a few of the booth demos of editing/colour correcting/lighting stuff but just be aware with it being a broadcast show its obviously heavily biased towards that.

Have a look at the exhibitors list and make a plan though as its a lot of halls to be traipsing through if you have no interest in broadcast encoders, cloud playback servers etc !

https://ibc19.mapyourshow.com/8_0/explore/exhibitor-alphalist.cfm#/

NAB is similar in a lot of respects with it being a broadcast oriented show but traditionally has had a better balance of things that will interest more people on here and has a lot more product launches and small booths with quirkier products.

Again though, I'm not sure if in this more connected world where there are so many "accidental" leaks and you can watch product launches live on YouTube I'd be inclined to make the trip over there any more.

Photokina has got more to offer these days, I think.

Yeah, my friends used to call me 'Inspector Gadget' as I was really into tech, gadget, doing product reviews and what not (mostly good value Chinese brands). Then one time I decided to attend the Hong Kong Electronics Fair/Electronic Asia (previously only been to car shows, not a convention like this) and hop over the border at Lo Wu into Shenzhen, pretty but boy that wasn't the revelation I expected. Most of the original Chinese quality brands I'd come to know weren't represented and people never heard of. Instead it was shiny plastic fantastic underwhelment. That taught me to just stick to online resources. Much easier to weed out the silly schtuff and find the kind of stuff you're able to appreciate.

Still though, if I'm not a total zombie I'll check it out. Might turn out to be fun. 

I was planning on going, but CVP raised the price on the F6 with 600€. So I will prob pass on it as its out of my budget suddenly, otherwise I would have gone there and compared the footage between the F6, F8 and UMP. 

Where is the A7S III?? They are way too late to the party. I see a lot of users changing to the camera's above in the near future, Sony should get in there.