Canon Cinema EOS C500 Mark II

Yurolov

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, Mako Sports said:

Cinema 5D - 

Interesting as it comes in EF and not RF....

First Canon C series that isn't ugly looking imo.

Could be a hit for the netflix market.

i hope i don't upset the apple cart too much .... but people dished the p4k for its looks, but to to me at least the p4k had some resemblance to a camera, this looks like the borg designed it.  but each to their own.  If you can get this then i wish you every success. i'll crawl back into the bm cave for now. ?

One important point about this camera that people are not paying enough attention to: It has a new generation processor, the Digic DV7. That means that a Digic 9 is probably coming soon for stills/hybrid cameras. Based on the description for the C500, such a processor will be capable of oversampled 4K video. My guess is that we will see the Digic 9 being released when they announce their pro RF mount camera. That will likely be able to record full sensor oversampled 4K60 at 10 bits depth. After that it may filter down into lower end products.

The C500 is going to be too expensive for most people here I think, but the processor hints at good things to come in the next set of prosumer cameras from Canon. hopefully they won't have limitations from overheating like the Digic 7/DV5 series.

On 8/27/2019 at 5:32 PM, Kisaha said:

I see some Canon fanatics here are already selling their FS5/FS7 cameras for this one.

It will be a huge Canon success.

We're mere days/weeks/months away from the rumored announcement of Sony's full frame cinema camera announcement(s), which I bet will devastate Canon when it comes to pricing!

5 hours ago, ade towell said:

Hmm yes oh well, disappointing and why are the audio controls on the bottom right side of the camera? That's a nightmare for solo shooters

Is this meant to be a solo operated camera? Or more rigged up? The OG C500 was more of their cinema camera option.

This camera is a beast. The Canon Cinema cameras have always been my favorite. I was honestly surprised at the price tag. I expected closer to 20k. 

1 hour ago, BenEricson said:

Is this meant to be a solo operated camera? Or more rigged up? The OG C500 was more of their cinema camera option.

This camera is a beast. The Canon Cinema cameras have always been my favorite. I was honestly surprised at the price tag. I expected closer to 20k. 

it's small enough for solo operator seems silly to make it so tricky - although audio has always seemed like an after thought with the Canon cinema cameras - having it on top of the handle on my C100 has been a pain in the arse

Looks like a smashing rental cam. 

For super serious narrative and documentary projects, it’s going be a hot ticket. 

The only disappointing feature is that they couldn’t get 4k120fps on this thing. Full frame Zcam can do it and it’s tiny. 

In comparison, the new Sony’s will obviously beat this to shreds for HFR, and price. 

A better release from Canon, but I expect they will keep their mirrorless range crippled to hell. 

Canon C500 Mark II Body 3794C007 $15,999
Canon LM-V2 LCD Monitor 3941C001 $749
Canon LA-V2 LCD Attachment Unit 3942C001 $249
Canon EVF-V50 Viewfinder 3938C001 $699
Canon Canon EU-V1 Expansion Unit 1 3939C001 $499
Canon EU-V2 Expansion Unit 2 3940C001 $1,599
Canon PM-V1 PL Mount Kit 3936C001 $1,599
Canon CM-V1 EF Cinema Lock Mount Kit 3937C001 $2,199

The EF locking mount is quite expensive 

4 hours ago, Oliver Daniel said:

Looks like a smashing rental cam. 

For super serious narrative and documentary projects, it’s going be a hot ticket. 

The only disappointing feature is that they couldn’t get 4k120fps on this thing. Full frame Zcam can do it and it’s tiny. 

In comparison, the new Sony’s will obviously beat this to shreds for HFR, and price. 

A better release from Canon, but I expect they will keep their mirrorless range crippled to hell. 

The pro version of EOS-R range will probably include the stills analog of the processor in this camera, which should be Digic 9. It will likely be capable of oversampled 4K, probably 60p as well, based on the specs for the DV7.