Canon Cinema EOS C500 Mark II

Yurolov

https://www.canonrumors.com/here-is-the-canon-cinema-eos-c500-mark-ii/

Canon Cinema EOS C500 Mark II rumored specifications:

Full-frame sensor

RAW internal recording (both 4K and 2K). 4K is up to 60p, 2K up to 120p.

Optional XF-AVC recording in 4:2:2 10 bit (4K up to 60p, 2k up to 120p)

User interchangeable lens mount

Optional modules with EVF, genlock, timecode, 12G-SDI, etc

EF and PL mount available at launch

Power supply with BP-A series batteries, an optional module for V-Mount batteries

Optional module for 4x XLR inputs

Backwards compatibility with EVF-V70, LV-M1 and some other peripherals from previous Cinema EOS cameras

New media usage: CFExpress cards for faster readings and writing speed

WiFi and IP Streaming capabilities

Do you think it will have 24p??

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Administrators
5 hours ago, Yurolov said:

Something doesn't quite stack up there.

On a camera like this, RAW-only isn't going to cut it. Remember that Alexa productions mostly shoot ProRes for the workflow and data size convenience factor, especially TV crews.

Optional H.264? LOL give me a break.

Fake rumour

45 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

Something doesn't quite stack up there.

On a camera like this, RAW-only isn't going to cut it. Remember that Alexa productions mostly shoot ProRes for the workflow and data size convenience factor, especially TV crews.

Optional H.264? LOL give me a break.

Fake rumour

I think specs might not be 100 percent. But the date seems to be confirmed and the image is real. 

7 hours ago, Kisaha said:

I see some Canon fanatics here are already selling their FS5/FS7 cameras for this one.

It will be a huge Canon success.

Seeing as this cam is on a line above the already $10K C300 mk2, I think it is safe to say this will be in the $15-20K zone.

So I'm sorry pal but nobody will be selling their FS5/FS7 for a C500 mk2! Not even close to being the same market.

If this camera does succeed it'll be in the rental market.. Personally I'd be more interested in a $5-8K RF Cine cam from Canon.

Strange if this is true. Obviously it will have all of the professional inputs/outputs and be Netflix approved and all that, but besides timecode and 2k raw, why would I get this over the C200, which has unbelievable internal raw recording up to 60fps in DCI 4K? 

Again, the sad thing with Canon is that this now puts a ceiling on the C300 Mark III - how could the next level down camera have 6k or 8k, 120fps in 4k, internal raw, and RF Mount, and still be priced lower than this camera? I guess it will have a Super35mm sensor, but not sure that's as big of a deal if it has all the other specs that the C500 II does not. 

I had the same reaction when they announced the C700 at $30k. That's it!? If that's all they are putting in a $30k camera, what hope is there for us who want an awesome RF-Mount $5k C100 Mark III? Still 8-bit 30p in 4k?

Updated specs from CanonRumors. THIS is much more like it for their high-end cinema camera. Still leaves some room for the C300 III to play in. Still really needs 120fps in 4K though. 

Canon Cinema EOS C500 Mark II rumored specifications:

Full-frame sensor

Records up to 5.9k at 60p RAW full frame

Records 4K60p in Super35 crop internally in Cinema RAW light

Records 2k120p in Super16 crop in Cinema RAW light

Can record in XF-AVC in 4k and 2k oversampled from the 5.9k sensor with 4:2:2 10- bit sampling

CFExpress is needed because of the bitrate, the 5.9K RAW is 2.5Gbps, 4k is the same bitrate as the Cinema EOS C200 at 1Gbps

User interchangeable lens mount

Optional modules with EVF, genlock, timecode, 12G-SDI, etc

EF and PL mount available at launch

12 hours ago, Yurolov said:

Do you think it will have 24p??

23.976 only ;)

2 hours ago, currensheldon said:

Records 4K60p in Super35 crop internally in Cinema RAW light

Records 2k120p in Super16 crop in Cinema RAW light

They can't help it!!! That would be strange if true, especially in the C500 range. "See impossible"

• 2 weeks later...

Looks good, IBIS is a nice surprise - wonder how effective it will be. Also surprised it doesn't have RF mount available. Slightly cheaper than had been reported but agree with Django I think this will be more for rental, most people don't seem to be wanting to spend over £10k on a camera these days

9 minutes ago, ade towell said:

Looks good, IBIS is a nice surprise - wonder how effective it will be. Also surprised it doesn't have RF mount available. Slightly cheaper than had been reported but agree with Django I think this will be more for rental, most people don't seem to be wanting to spend over £10k on a camera these days

IBIS is just electronic like the EVA-1 and Canon mirrorless, not physical IBIS.

https://***URL not allowed***/canon-c500-mark-ii-first-look-6k-full-frame-cinema-raw-light-modular-concept/

'Electronic Image Stabilizer

Canon has also added an image stabilizer for the first time in a cinema camera. They call it a 5-axis image stabilizer, so it’s technically not an IBIS because it’s fully electronic.'

It's just that it has an accelerometer built-in noticing the changes in the 5-axis giving better chances to correct for unwanted motion artifacts/wobble, so better than 'we'll fix it in post with warp stabilizer', but still digital correction inducing a crop.