18k fps edgertronic super slow motion camera

popalock

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Looks like they're a little coy on what resolution that '18,000' fps is actually recorded at.

For $5500 you might consider the option of renting a more capable high speed camera. I personally haven't purchased a high speed camera because they're just so stinking expensive, but if I needed some REALLY nice original slo-mo, temporarily renting a Phantom or NAC would probably be the road I would go down. 

hmmm yeah: " Frame rates up to 17,791 fps (resolution dependant) "

1280*1024 = 500fps

1024*720 = 700fps

640*480 = 1850fps

320*240 = 5725fps

192*96 = 17791fps

yeah renting sounds like a good option.  Just had a quick look at renting (in the UK) and it looks like I'd get a Phantom for a day or so for same price as buying this camera outright..  ouch

hmmm yeah: " Frame rates up to 17,791 fps (resolution dependant) "

1280*1024 = 500fps

1024*720 = 700fps

640*480 = 1850fps

320*240 = 5725fps

192*96 = 17791fps

yeah renting sounds like a good option.  Just had a quick look at renting (in the UK) and it looks like I'd get a Phantom for a day or so for same price as buying this camera outright..  ouch

Is it for a commercial project, or non-commercial work? You might try the ol' film student card and see if they'd loan it for cheaper or free if it's for an educational purpose. 

Yes phantoms are a lot to hire, but if it's commercial and they want that kind of slow motion it has to built into budget, because that is the cost of creating the idea.

If not, you could try hiring the FS700, if you don't need ultra slow motion, you can get it for a couple of hundred a day, maybe less.