NEW!! 3B BlackMagic Controller App Launch Thread

BTM_Pix

• Super Members

So, the list of 487 ongoing projects can now officially be reduced to 486 with the launch of this new app for Android.

Whilst the 3C app offers Comprehensive Camera Control of all of the parameters of the BlackMagic cameras, there are some users who just need a Bloody Big Button to control the record start/stop so welcome to 3B.

1703206925_3BPromo.thumb.jpg.57da1129bf75a2eebf324eaab876e033.jpg

Intended for handheld or mounted via a phone adapter on a rig/gimbal/tripod handle, 3B is a simple way to activate and monitor the Record Start/Stop on your Blackmagic camera but also provides a live status view of the following parameters from the camera.

• Aperture
  • ISO
  • Shutter Angle
  • Temperature
  • Tint
  • White Balance Preset

3B is a single screen, no menu app and features an oversized record button to enable easy activation and the screen provides high visibility confirmation when the camera is in record.

786949718_3BScreens.thumb.jpg.861ff6051fd6a55a05b025ab1f731c2a.jpg

As 3B provides a much reduced feature set compared to 3C, it also comes with a much reduced price and is available for €1.99.

So if you don't need all of the bells and whistles of 3C and just need a simple start/stop controller and monitor for your Blackmagic camera that has a record status indication that is visible from the moon, 3B is now available on the Play store on the following link.

https://tinyurl.com/CDATEK-3B

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members
25 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

Great stuff.

Let me know if you'd like a test user on the Pocket 6K, as it looks like I have one on the way from the Netherlands.

Only if you promise to test it using your new faux military bros phone ;)

ok i bought it,  have my camera with me as im about to go up to the local look out to test a uv filter i bought  will give it a go.  

by the way does it allow the taking of stills instead of using  the kinda annoying hard to depress on camera button (well for me anyway ) ?

• Super Members
5 hours ago, leslie said:

ok i bought it,  have my camera with me as im about to go up to the local look out to test a uv filter i bought  will give it a go.  

by the way does it allow the taking of stills instead of using  the kinda annoying hard to depress on camera button (well for me anyway ) ?

Thank you!

It doesn't do it at the moment. I'll look at it for v1.2

4 hours ago, MeanRevert said:

This is a great idea. Any recommendations for a small, easily mounted to body but still usable Android device?

The one in the pictures is the Pixi 4 which is £30 on Amazon.

Its not exactly state of the art when it comes to phones but its perfectly adequate for this or the 3C app as well.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Alcatel-Android-Smartphone-SIM-Free-Renewed/dp/B07N4P18DG

9 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

Thank you!

It doesn't do it at the moment. I'll look at it for v1.2

The one in the pictures is the Pixi 4 which is £30 on Amazon.

Its not exactly state of the art when it comes to phones but its perfectly adequate for this or the 3C app as well.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Alcatel-Android-Smartphone-SIM-Free-Renewed/dp/B07N4P18DG

Hi, will this work on Android watch?

• Super Members
35 minutes ago, MeanRevert said:

Gotcha. Do you have idea on release date and pricing yet? And I assume the button being pushed is start/stop recording? 

Its a bit behind schedule as the expander controller that works with it has had a re-design but it will be on Kickstarter in a few weeks with delivery pretty much straight after the end of the campaign.

The basic unit will be €60 and the expander will be €45.

More info here 

https://www.newsshooter.com/2019/06/22/cda-tek-pbc-pocket-bluetooth-controller-for-bmpcc-4k-ursa-mini-pro/