Alexa, BMCC2.5, Canon1DC, C500, Epic, F55, F65

FilmMan

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I am an amateur so please forgive the ignorance.  Does anyone know the settings they used?  To me the BMCC samples seem like they are darker than the other cameras.  The third images on both the Canons is unacceptable.  But the third image on the BMCC is okay.  The highlights aren't totally f'ed up which is nice but the darker values are still below what we see in the Canons and Alexa in row one.  Anyone else notice this?  F55 seems to be doing the same thing.

The magenta thing is an Epic trait, unfortunately. It can really throw off skin. If you're not pushing ISO and everything is well controlled it's fine, but that tone is a quirk of it.especially as you clip.

I've not used F65 yet though I've handled some footage. It's very very sharp, which isn't really my bag. I don't know much about the DR or highlights though.

The C500 is a bit of a mis-step, I don't know anyone who uses them or has them for hire. Here's an example of why, plus you can't get away with skimping on features at the top end.

The C500 is supposed to be their flagship camera, but only does 50 Mbps (CBR) 4:2:2 422P 8-BIT internally. That's nothing short of insulting, considering the market they were supposedly aiming for. Everything else requires an external recorder. It's not a significant step up from C300 and too fiddly to replace Ared One or Epic hire.

It seems like Canon are obsessed with 8-bit, like fast big storage just doesn't exist. Now the Arri Amira is coming out, I'm happy to ignore the C500 completely, hopefully use Amira on most jobs that used to be C300.

Go to 5:49 in this video and look how bad the C300 looks from the 4K output raw compared to the arri. it's no contest: https://vimeo.com/77715062