Panasonic GX7 for video.

jsnack

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

So far, it seems like a cooler and more expensive G6 without audio inputs. Which is kind of meh- they say its a new sensor, and that articulating EVF is kind of cool for guerrilla-style video, but I think for the price its almost GH3-territory. And I get the feeling the GH3 has more DR, better codecs, and full audio in / out. 

At least, that's my take on it. I haven't seen many opinions on video with it, and I'm guessing its because most people who are looking for video are concluding the same thing I am. So unless someone tries it and proves differently... ::shrug::

Yeah, g6 style is what I'm thinking - but with a higher price tag and without the mic jack. If you want the camera anyway for stills or something (It's actually a pretty cool looking body if you ask me), and you're cool syncing up an external recorder to the built in mic for sound, it looks pretty decent. But if you want it just for video, I don't see it as very appealing.

Yeah, g6 style is what I'm thinking - but with a higher price tag and without the mic jack. If you want the camera anyway for stills or something (It's actually a pretty cool looking body if you ask me), and you're cool syncing up an external recorder to the built in mic for sound, it looks pretty decent. But if you want it just for video, I don't see it as very appealing.

Yeah, I'm getting one in December because I want it for stills too. Only for video, I think that the G6 is a better package.

• 1 month later...

Just got one yesterday, with the Olympus 17mm f1.8. It is interesting. I haven't shot with Panasonic recently, so the menus are bewildering. I'm used to Canon and Red. I was looking to explore the micro 4/3 format. My interest is equally divided between the still image and video capabilities.

My initial impression was 'Cool." The focus is fast, accurate and silent. The video autofocus is quite decent, and the touch focus feature is pretty nifty.

The look of the image is pretty impressive. The grain has a different quality that takes some getting used to. I've yet to view it on a projector or high-end display, so I will reserve judgement on that score.

It seems pretty clean in low light. I've seen some pretty horrible low light digital video, and seemed to be pretty good.

It's fun to learn a new camera. This one is like a swiss army knife. It's going to take a while to figure out how the scissors pop out.