"light" software to check my footages exposure

thephoenix

hi all

i am on vacations and took my laptop which is out of age. tried to install dvr 16 but no way... error message at launch.

thing is i shot quite a few clips since i am here and i just want ot check everything is ok and i don't need to reshoot some of them.

is there any "light" soft that i could install to check with a histogram or scope etc...

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I have two options for Mac users. I will try to find good options for windows as well. 

Colorcast: Free color grading and post processing software for Mac. Includes various scopes (waveform, parade) and three way color corrector and sliders similar to davinci resolve raw color settings. It did stop development in 2018, and I have had glitches with it, but it might be decent. 

Final Cut Pro X trial: Download the free 30 day trial from apples website. Add /thankyou to the end of the url if you don’t want to enter any details to download. Use this to view scopes on your footage. If you need it longer, set your date and time back after the trial ends. 

5 hours ago, kye said:

Just an idea, and not sure if it will work, but aren't there media players that will let you install a LUT?

Like, if you put the free false-colour LUT into VLC and looked at it that way?

have no idea.

and not sure it would be as accurate as a real soft made for it.

stiil looking  for the soft

Shotcut is open source, and is fairly lightweight and has histogram and waveform (apparently, no RGB parade and no vectorscope).

Kdenlive is also open source, and seems to offer all the important scopes.  It is probably lightweight, but not as much as Shotcut.

Both of these NLEs have Windows versions.

There are other open source NLEs and post production applications, but I am not sure what scopes are offered nor if there are Windows versions.

I just realized that ffplay (the ffmpeg player) will show histograms, video waveforms and vectorscopes.  Ffplay has to be one of the smaller applications that provides such capability.

These commands worked on my Linux terminal.  Not sure if the syntax changes slightly for the Windows command line.  Note that the word "video" in the commands should be replaced with the name of your video file (for example, my_video.mp4).

I saw both simpler and more complex versions of these commands when I did a web search.  If you try ffplay and have problems, please post your commands, and I will see if I can help.

• 7 months later...