Canon removing 24p from new 4K mirrorless cameras - THE MEMES

Andrew Reid

1 hour ago, mercer said:

I can only speak for myself, but I wouldn’t pay $2500 for a Blackmagic camera. But I may rent the 6K sometime when the demand drops. 

Why not? Don't they worth that mark?... I've had many brands, Blackmagic is not inferior in any way whatsoever, if not much more worthy from their value for the money... up to IQ you struggle to find how to beat with the other contenders if any. No more no less : )

You're simply underrating them, be fair : -)

Ah and something else, some of complaints I read over the boards sounds to me when you try to cook some omelet for your family of twelve with two eggs. YOUR media won't handle a way faster bit rate nor your drive when overloaded with footage of the day before. Please let's learn how to handle digital media to begin with before starting to complain with no cause...?

PS: @mercer You've added a confused reaction... but how do you think people feel when you seem to firmly state you wouldn't pay USD 2500 for a Blackmagic camera when that amount is simply a bargain for what you receive from them??

37 minutes ago, kye said:

Become the first EOSHD member to own an ARRI and a full set of PL cine primes!!

He wouldn't be the first one... ; -)

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
38 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

Why not? Don't they worth that mark?... I've had many brands, Blackmagic is not inferior in any way whatsoever, if not much more worthy from their value for the money... up to IQ you struggle to find how to beat with the other contenders if any. No more no less : )

You're simply underrating them, be fair : -)

Ah and something else, some of complaints I read over the boards sounds to me when you try to cook some omelet for your family of twelve with two eggs. YOUR media won't handle a way faster bit rate nor your drive when overloaded with footage of the day before. Please let's learn how to handle digital media to begin with before starting to complain with no cause...?

I’m not underrating anything. I really like the image from BM cameras... I’ve owned a few over the years and own a Micro now but there are just too many workarounds for my style of shooting. So I WOULDN’T pay $2500 for a BM camera, but that doesn’t mean I don’t think it’s a fair price for someone else if they don’t mind dealing with the inherent quirks.

As far as your last paragraph, I’m unsure if you’re referring to me directly or just in general... but either way, support gear matters to people’s budgets... if that’s production or post-production... so shouldn’t those costs be considered when people purchase cameras?

I think they've made us to become used to their bargains, it is what it is ; )

The other paragraph is not addressed to you hence the two lines in-between. But once you mention quirks, what quirks? Please let's not mention again battery as one of them. The next guy who will give it to me to read will have anything from me but zero respect as camera user. It is the most lazy objection I've ever heard in my entire career in this industry. I am just sick to see it written. Really : -)

19 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

The other paragraph is not addressed to you hence the two lines in-between. But once you mention quirks, what quirks? Please let's not mention again battery as one of them. The next guy who will give it to me to read will have anything from me but zero respect as camera user. It is the most lazy objection I've ever heard in my entire career in this industry. I am just sick to see it written. Really : -)

Sorry I didn’t know the two line rule. And regardless if you find it lazy, to some, battery life is a legitimate concern. And with that concern comes expense. I would only use internal batteries and/or the battery grip and internal media. By the time you pay for all of that, with tax, you are damn close to $4000... sorry but for that money I’d rather have the S1H or pay a bit more for a C200.

So, S1H is coming with internal media and extra batteries... Really? ; ) Had no idea LOL You should be kidding with me with that $4000 mark when I'll buy the 6K version with just a bit more than 2 euro grand.

I come from two shooting days with the P4K along the weekend. I had no even need of extra batteries. No, I am not an events shooter. Who started to shoot with film has no such quirks... That's the only conclusion I can arrive. Battery argument is plain lazy. Let alone the cheap price how you can bring a handful of them.

Don't arrange an excuse to be out of the party! Learn to live with that ; -)

In the US, the P6K is $2500. Canon batteries are $60 a pop. From my understanding, a battery lasts 30-40 minutes. I’d need at least 3 hours worth of power... that’s another $360. The battery grip is $250. Media would be another $500... bare minimum plus tax. Right there you’re right around $3800.

Sure with the S1H I’d need to buy media and batteries but I’d also get a better build quality, FF, IBIS, longer battery life, tilt-able and articulating screen. It’s just a better deal on a better built camera with full frame.

But in all honesty, why do I have to justify my opinion to you? Every single shooter on this site has different needs and budget. For me, $3800 isn’t worth it.

On another note, I hope your shoot went well this weekend. What are you working on?

Nothing worthy of notice. Mere stock footage for future use (6K had been useful indeed, I regret I didn't have yet). Thanks for your attention anyway : )

On S1H you'll have a shitty and confusing unfriendly filmmaking use interface to begin with. Japanese engineers know too little about photography. Aussies have something to teach them.

A ridiculous display.

Focus peaking for amateurs or better to say to people who don't care about accuracy, amateurs can demand for it, actually.

New and expensive glass.

You can have FF look on P6K, just go with faster glass or the proper piece of adapter:

: -)

48 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

Don't arrange an excuse to be out of the party! Learn to live with that ; -)

Haha, I don’t want an invite to that party... it sounds like a sausage fest.

16 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

Nothing worthy of notice. Mere stock footage for future use (6K had been useful indeed, I regret I didn't have yet). Thanks for your attention anyway : )

Stock footage is cool... 6K is perfect for that. Do you make some good cash doing that?

17 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

On S1H you'll have a shitty and confusing unfriendly filmmaking use interface to begin with. Japanese engineers know too little about photography. Aussies have something to teach them.

Truth be told, I don’t want an S1H either. I actually find it a little pricey for essentially a FF GH5.

14 hours ago, mercer said:

Stock footage is cool... 6K is perfect for that. Do you make some good cash doing that?

It depends. If you do it for others, yes. For indie projects, you'll have to wait much longer to have return... : )

14 hours ago, mercer said:

Truth be told, I don’t want an S1H either. I actually find it a little pricey for essentially a FF GH5.

In fact : ) You're purely paying the price they put as goal to take it from you. R&D there is mere BS. As simple as that : -)

On 9/2/2019 at 11:31 AM, kye said:

You know how an avalanche starts with one little rock tumbling down an embankment?  Well, embrace it and go all in!

Become the first EOSHD member to own an ARRI and a full set of PL cine primes!!

Then you can look at people rigging up their P6Ks with V-mount batteries, rods and rails, matt boxes and just say.......

59c9ebc345d2a027e84030b0

Oh I'm certain there must be EOSHD members who own an ARRI and a set of PL lenses!