Canon EOS 90D Specs leaked in video

ajay

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
23 hours ago, Adam Kuźniar said:

you're mistaking hate with making fun of which is justified 

The lack of 24p is funny because it's literally one frame less than 25p which you can shoot. So what about 24p makes it impossible to write? Nothing. It's entirely doable. They've done it in the past. They can do it now.

Why isn't it there then? Because they're stupid. And this is why we're making fun of Canon. 

I don’t know if I would say Canon are stupid. Or Nikon or Sony or Panasonic or any other.These are very big companies consisting of large amounts of people that make a lot of effort when planning these products. 

Its more funny to me actually that there is a culture of online behaviour (mostly the big youtubers) of single persons that believe they better understand the market than for example Canon, that no doubt make extensive market research and have a large number of pros come with input. I mean, why don’t you apply for a job at Canon? Since they’re so incompetent I mean.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, liork said:

Oh God, from the specs sheet, the video files are still being cut into 4GB pieces...

LOL. No ExFat support in 2019.

1 hour ago, Castorp said:

Its more funny to me actually that there is a culture of online behaviour (mostly the big youtubers) of single persons that believe they better understand the market than for example Canon

Well considering Canon's sales chart looks like an olympic ski slope at the moment, I'd say their understanding of the market is somewhat "2009"

2 hours ago, Castorp said:

Its more funny to me actually that there is a culture of online behaviour (mostly the big youtubers) of single persons that believe they better understand the market than for example Canon, that no doubt make extensive market research and have a large number of pros come with input. I mean, why don’t you apply for a job at Canon? Since they’re so incompetent I mean.

Here is the problem with that argument, and many people have made that same argument.... in one version or another.

So you are are saying Canon has this "extensive market research [team] and have a large number of pros come with input" and the end product of all that is something like the EOS R or the EOS RP....

The problem with that statement is that companies like Sony, Panasonic, Fuji, Blackmagic also have extensive market research teams and pros telling them what the people want.... why is it that they are able to turn out stuff like the a7III, S1/S1H, XT3, P6K???

I mean, why don’t you apply for a job at Canon? Since they’re so incompetent I mean.

auch dude

These are very big companies consisting of large amounts of people that make a lot of effort when planning these products. 

You're giving them way too much credit man

newsflash.. camera companies segment their products! while canon may be more obvious at doing so, all others do it as well. 

fuji only does IBIS on XH series, panasonic released S1 with crippled audio, Sony keeps low bitrate codecs on alpha series to protect XDCAM line. etc

while removing 24p as a R&D cost saving feature is simply a ludicrous theory, some other limitations may well be hardware barriers.

14 minutes ago, The ghost of squig said:

30p only according to the brochure for Australia and New Zealand (PAL countries) Brilliant! just brilliant! ?? https://www.canonrumors.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/EOS-90D-Tech-Sheet.pdf

F7FP9vZ.jpg

I saw that too but they also only listed 120p for Full HD... so maybe this is just an instance where they omitted the words “up to” for some strange reason?

1 hour ago, mercer said:

I saw that too but they also only listed 120p for Full HD... so maybe this is just an instance where they omitted the words “up to” for some strange reason?

The canon sold here have all the frame rate.. like panasonic, sony sold here do.

The menu screen on the 90D for enabling "4K movie cropping," which includes this warning: "When using 4K movie cropping, camera temp. becomes too high both when shoot. and in standby. Movie rec. may not be possible." That language suggests that shooting cropped 4K runs the risk of overheating. Yet uncropped 4K should place even greater demands on the processor and the sensor. So how could this camera shoot uncropped 4K without overheating yet run the risk of overheating when shooting the less-demanding cropped 4K? The only way that makes sense is if the uncropped 4K is not really 4K.

Found this somewhere. Suggest indeed that Canon uncropped 4k isn't really 4k but lower res upscaled to 4k. After the soft canon 1080p we get soft canon 4k ?

9 hours ago, Avenger 2.0 said:

Found this somewhere. Suggest indeed that Canon uncropped 4k isn't really 4k but lower res upscaled to 4k. After the soft canon 1080p we get soft canon 4k ?

Given the sensor resolution (6960x4649) they're most likely doing a 2:1 pixel bin, which would give a horizontal resolution of 3.48k.

4k full sensor readout

32.5MP APS-C CMOS Sensor

DIGIC 8 Image Processor

UHD 4K30p & Full HD 120p Video Recording

3″ 1.04m-Dot Vari-Angle Touchscreen LCD

45-Point All Cross-Type AF System

Dual Pixel CMOS AF with 5481 AF Points

Up to 10-fps Shooting, ISO 100-25600

Built-In Wi-Fi and Bluetooth

EOS iTR AF, Electronic Shutter Function

220,000-Pixel AE Metering Sensor

Price (body only): $1,199